“O.K. for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Brook Park, Ohio
“O.K. for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We typically have had great experiences with Springhill Suites. While this one is not terrible, there were a few things that made this stay less than perfect. The cons: difficult to find the drive to get in, not marked very well. The highway noise is terrible. The windows are so thin you hear everything. We have stayed at plenty of hotels near highways, and I have never heard the traffic as much as here. There also was some mold in the bathroom on the wallpaper. No extra blankets available, sheets would not stay put on the beds. Pros:The staff was quite polite, It was convenient to Kings Island.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

First of all, we are loyal Marriott customers--and I am both disgusted and disappointed with Marriott Corp. for allowing a mess like this to be a part of their chains. At 116.00 a night, we should have a room that does NOT have the scent of dampness. The small fridge in the room should be in working order. The bed linens should NOT be ripped. The toilet, on which I place my delicate rear, should NOT be scratched. The tiles should be clean. The free breakfast that is advertised isn't even dog-food worthy! I have had better coffee on airline flights--and THAT is bad! I think, based on the clientele, this place could be doubling as a bordello as well! I had a feeling we were in trouble when we arrived and there was no sign on the small road leading us on here. Please do not stay here--listen to me--please! I rarely write an unfavorable review because my motto is " if you have nothing nice to say...don't say it at all". This case is different -- run to another hotel-this is the worst of the worst!

• Stayed August 2012
Paintsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is very clean and quiet. Included free buffet breakfast. I loved the complimentary Paul Mitchell hair products instead of the usual generic hotel things. Bed was very comfy. Air conditioned was cold and quiet. Located in a quiet tree lined forestry area that happened to be a hop and a jump to shopping. Loved the whole experience.

• Stayed July 2012
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Desk clerk could not give me directions from the highway to find hotel, breakfast was gross- fake eggs and gray rubber sausage. Breakfast lady was super nice. No towels in pool area- asked at desk and was given hand towels to use- seriously- a hand towel! Run down and dirty- I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Room was clean, pull-out sofa awful to sleep on, but aren't they all? Pool and hot tub clean. Fitness room small but in good working order. Nice breakfast. So why did I rate "poor?" Fist off, you can't find the place. It is on a side street behind a strip mall and has no street front sign. Then, on our first night, just as my teenage daughters and I were settling in, two men we did not know opened our door with a key card. The desk clerk had given them cards to the wrong room without asking for ID or looking on the computer. Scary. The guys apparently just asked for the wrong room, but we ended up missing an ihome stereo by the end of our stay so it makes me wonder... The last night, we came back to our room late at night to find it had not been cleaned at all. When I just wanted to sleep, I had to stay up & take out the trash and gather up the dirty towels while the desk clerk brought us new trash can liners and towels. We still ended up sleeping on dirty bed sheets. Breakfast our last morning was frustrating as they were out of so many items, including plates and bowls, well before the scheduled stop time.

I addressed all of my concerns to the front desk at checkout, and they offered me a free night on a return visit, but who would want to go back to a place they didn't enjoy staying in???

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nice, clean rooms. Right near the exit although a little confusing to get to at first as it is behind a mall. Staff was frindly and helpful and big clean room that was very comfortable for our stop as we traveled south. Good breakfast ... lited as Continental but had eggs and sausage as well as a a waffle making station.

• Stayed June 2012
co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Staff is very friendly and helpful, a cut above this sort of property.

I've stayed here a number of times over the years, and anymore the ownership just seems to be going through the motions.

Hot breakfast? Day after day, year after year, the same grey rubbery sausage patties- always.
Fresh fruit? Sometimes yes, sometimes not.
Staying for two or three days in a row? Don't count on having any fresh bed linen- they'll just make your beds with the same.
Room microwave? Antique, extra low power
Slow wireless

I'm afraid the property has lost goodwill over the years. Refresh would definitely be in order. Just ok, just barely.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!