“Comfortable, quiet, well located” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montana
“Comfortable, quiet, well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Good place to stay. Economical, clean, nice breakfast. We have previously stayed at B&Bs in Walla Walla, good and bad, but usually more expensive, so this is a good find. We come for the wineries. This is close to downtown, but also an easy drive to wineries in Oregon. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Canal side is very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very clean hotel and very good value for the price we paid. Great amenities. Had a problem with the billing when I got home, not the rate I had reserved. Called the hotel and it was fixed in 5 minutes. Other businesses could learn something about customer service from you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Grandview, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This property is of newer construction and, as such, is well built, well-insulated from noise and comfortable. It has an elevator.

The property is not downtown. Rather, kit is located on the edge of town, just off the highway. Access is convenient, but you will need to drive the short distance into the center of town if that is where you want to go.

Check-in went reasonably well though there was some initial confusion over my pre-paid reservation (made on-line). The clerk was friendly.

Our room was quiet and comfortable. Temperature control was easy. Our room was quite large. There was an area that seemed to be designed for a wet bar and would have been a logical place for the coffee maker. However, there was no sink, no outlets and no lighting...it was just a dark, wasted area of the room. It would have been nice to have lighting there...and an outlet. This is a very minor complaint. The room otherwise was fine.

The usual amenities were present in the room, including a microwave and refrigerator. The front desk sold items that could be prepared in the microwave.

There is an indoor pool on the ground level.

The breakfast area was spacious and breakfast offered the usual choices. Foods were hot. The area included a bar area. Apparently, there is some sort of function there some evenings, though we did not see it (we checked-in on a Sunday evening).

There was a slight intermittent chlorine smell from the pool area that intruded on the breakfast area. This could simply be a venting issue, but it should not be present in a dining area.

Parking is adequate. Other hotels are nearby. There is an adjacent full-service restaurant.

All-in-all, this is a great place to stay for travel or short-term visits to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We spent the Thanksgiving weekend at the Comfort Inn. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the hot tub was wonderful. There was nothing spectacular, but neither was there anything disappointing. If you want a clean room where you can get a good sleep, this is the place to go. If you are looking for anything fancy, not so much.

Room Tip: We were across from the elevator, so we did get noise from people coming in late. Ask for a room awa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Starting with my call to this hotel to get directions thru post-check in, Alex exhibited exemplary service for my co-worker and myself during 2 separate stays. He was always extremely pleasant and helpful. Because of the assistance he provided, I chose this hotel to return to later the same week. (despite an encounter with another front desk clerk with an attitude when I questioned having a room 2 doors down from the noisy ice/beverage machines since I had requested a quiet location).

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator and beverage/ice machines.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

newish hotel, not close to shopping or restaurants

very nice staff

little pricey for the area

clean, good sized room, with comfortable bed linens (only downside was mattress that tilted noticeably to the north, but since I sleep on my side facing south, I didn't roll off...)

has a patio with chairs and tables at the back

Room Tip: upper floor rooms on the south side face agricultural water channel and are away from highway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Anyone can have an off-day, and perhaps that's what happened here, but in view of other reviews citing "friendly and helpful staff" etc. I'm prompted to write:

I was checked-in by Jackie.wa184, and have to say this employee was among the most unfriendly I've encountered in some time at any major hotel chain (or anywhere else for that matter). Her attitude suggested that I was more of a bother and interruption to her day than the chief reason for her paid position there (i.e. "customer service"). This was shown in several ways during our 3-4 minute interaction, but most chiefly in her ignorance of and refusal to learn an iota more about what a prepaid "Advance Purchase" rate and stay booked via Comfort Inn's website (choicehotels.com) entails.

When I hesitated at signing a rate confirmation that provided absolutely no evidence of my prepayment--which had in-fact already been charged to my credit card and paid in-full over one month prior to my arrival--Jackie.wa184 assured me that my card *would* be charged once again and implied I was confused at suggesting otherwise.

In point of fact, my card was NOT charged again as Jackie.wa184 insisted it would be--which was confirmed later on my statement at check-out, and was surely evident in the records in front of her if she had bothered to take a moment to access them during my check-in. I'll add that I was the only customer at the desk, so it's not as if my question was keeping anyone else waiting.

I've learned a long time ago that arguing with ignorant front-desk staff is pointless, but must say that this employee's poor attitude will make me think twice about booking at Comfort Inn--and most certainly this location--again, as will the overpowering smell of chlorine from the adjacent indoor pool/spa area that permeated the lobby and breakfast area of this particular establishment.

Other staff/services were average, and probably worth the considerably discounted rate I paid, but certainly not anything close to the rack-rate listed.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper I suggest requesting a room *away* from ice machines, which were among...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Walla Walla? Share your experiences!