“FABULOUS FOOD AND FABULOUS STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Walla Walla
Cuisines: American
Description: Our award-winning chefs don't just craft flavorful, picture-perfect dishes at The Marc Restaurant, they also creates memorable experiences that will expand your palate, engage your senses and get you excited about food. Recently awarded "Restaurant of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission, The Marc Restaurant offers a fresh twist on Pacific Northwest Cuisine. The culinary staff works diligently to bring the best of what is in season right from the farm to your table by building relationships with local and regional growers. From the micro-greens grown in-house to the breads and pastries made fresh in the kitchen, a dining experience at The Marc is an encounter with the incredible and an event you'll long remember.
Spokane, Washington
“FABULOUS FOOD AND FABULOUS STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a party of eight that ate at the Marc yesterday evening. Let me just say that our waiter was absolutely amazing. Super attentive, knew everything on the menu,and was so patient with our group. Obviously the Marc wants all of their staff to know their food, and our waiter even helped us pair our food with our wine.
They pride themselves on serving fresh and local cuisine, and I have to say the food I had was one of the better meals I have eaten in Walla Walla. I had the rib eye steak with the winter green salad, and both were phenomenal. Everything came out warm, which can sometimes be a problem with larger groups.

Will most definitely be returning when family comes into town for graduation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
“Expensive won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here for dinner with the husband. Nothing under 35 for an entree. The food was good yet we payed almost 90 for dinner no desert or anything extra. And salt we were still hungry when we left. I would not return due to the small portions and very steep prices.

San Francisco, California
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I took his mom to dinner for her Birthday. We each were delightfully surprised with the presentation and taste of our respective order. The waiter was very personable and attentive. I live and work in San Francisco, CA and, have dined in several high end restaurants in the Bay Area and Napa Valley. The Marc can easily be compared and rated among several of the high end restaurants. We'll definitely return and highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kennewick, Washington
“Wonderful Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My friend and I went to the Marc for Valentine's Day. I will admit, I am not a foodie and have pretty pedestrian tastes, but occasionally I like to go to a nice restaurant and have something different.

We entered the Marc from the street, which made it a little confusing on where to go for being seated. The hostess stand is by the entrace to the hotel. We were seated and our waiter was Mark. He was an absolute gem throughout the night, very knowledgeable about the food and gave the best service I have ever had.

A basket of different types of breads was brought out, along with a dipping oil and vinegar and som plum butter. The plum butter was great and I loved the thin cracker type bread.

Mark brought us an amuse bouche. Can't remember quite what was in it other than goat cheese, but neither one of us liked it. We ordered the pork belly flat bread appetizer. The flat bread was fabulous, with the duck egg, pork belly and arugula.

Both of us ordered the Walla Walla winter onion soup. It was fantastic, my friend saying it was the best onion soup she has ever had. I didn't finish mine, because I did not want to be too full for my dinner.

For dinner I ordered the Scottish salmon and my friend ordered the filet of beef. I tried the beef and while I don't like sweet sauces on beef or fish, the beef was so tender it melted in my mouth. I also tried the blue mountain mushroom ragout that came with the beef, and it was really good!

My salmon had a sweet glaze to it, which I don't prefer but it was good, and the salmon was cooked to perfection! The butter bean ragout was delicious, although I was pretty full when I tried it. I was going to avoid eating the kale, since in my experience it is always kind of bitter and nasty tasting. I decided to try it when my friend said she loved hers, and I am so glad I did! The kale was surprisingly good!

I definitely plan on coming back, especially when they change to the summer menu. I can't wait to see what the chef can do with all the wonderful fruits we have in our region!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious Food! Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

First time at this restaurant - overnight stay on our way to Oregon. Not only was the food excellent, it was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Our server, Mark C., was very helpful with making our choices, including our wine. We both had steaks and they were cooked perfectly.

Visited February 2014