“Nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
La Grande, Oregon
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

First of all, the name of the restaurant is spelled "Brik." We ate there on Sunday April 21, 2013. We were in Walla Walla visiting family and had wanted to go out to dinner. Our son-in-law wanted steak so we decided on the Brik Bar & Grill. The restaurant is easy to get to and has a nice large parking lot. It is an upscale restaurant with a nice atmosphere. There were seven of us, which wasn't a problem. They pushed two of the smaller tables together and we were seated promptly. The atmosphere is great - the room was large, dimly lit, but not to the point where you couldn't see good and with lots of room - at least we were not crammed together. Service was friendly and everyone got what he or she had ordered with no mistakes. The food was very good. I thought the prices were a little bit on the high side - my rib eye steak was $27.00. I've had cheaper, but this may be in line with some of the other nicer places. The only down side was we thought the waitress could have been more attentive - replenishing drinks etc. They weren't extremely busy so don't know the reason for the slowness, maybe she was inexperienced. Overall we enjoyed it enough we will probably eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington
“Upscale Atmosphere w/o the Upscale Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This little find in Walla Walla is under-estimated. We have been here a number of times, but often forget that it is here. The food is OUTSTANDING. In fact, the veggies alone are so tasty you think you could make a meal just of them. Apparently, someone knows what they are doing! The prices are VERY reasonable for the meal you get to enjoy. From Sandwiches to Entrees, not to mention the Upscale atmosphere! Good, friendly service. This place is top notch!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Walla Walla, Washington
“Food was really good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner on a Saturday night. Granted it was early evening, 4:30ish, so it was not extremely busy at this time. We sat in the bar, which was nice, but very dimly lit. Service was good and punctual, but like I said there were maybe five other people in the bar at the time. I had a chicken dish, I can't remember the exact name but it was lightly crusted and served on a bed of mashed potatoes with like an alfredo sauce on it with steamed veggies on the side. It was AMAZING! I would have liked the plate if I could have. I got the smaller portion and it was still a lot of food. My hubby got the tsunami burger and he really enjoyed it, messy, but good. All in all, a good experience. We have heard that service can be poor but ours was adequate.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“If you have time to wait around....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I arrived to meet friends at the Brick, they had been waiting at a table in the bar for 25 minutes without service. Granted it was a busy Friday night but they hadn't even received waters yet. Also, the bar is very dark and it was hard to read the menu. I did like the overall decor other than the darkness. The bartenders are very good and made delicious cocktails for us...the food was pretty good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Although this is a bar and you would expect bar food, it is actually all "homemade" on-site and tasted great. I'd eat here again.

Visited January 2013