“Worked well for our family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend 2X Points
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Worked well for our family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife, two daughters and I were visiting Walla Walla. The room was nice and clean, beds comfortable and staff friendly. The breakfast includes different hot food as well as cold food. The hot food was different everyday and was decent, although the sort of bulk food thing you'd expect (e.g. uniform pre-made omlettes, etc.). The only real complaint I had is a personal one with many hotels where their hot water was made in a carafe that previously had coffee in it, so that you get that coffee water taste in your tea.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed there for two nights while enjoying Walla Walla, it was so comfortable and relaxing that I wished we were staying longer. The bed was magical! The site is very unglamorous, on the outskirts of town with a bleak view, and the outdoor pool and hot-tub were basic and clean. While it's not right downtown, Walla Walla is so small that it only takes a few minutes to get there. It is close to some of the vineyard spaces on that end of town. Options for staying downtown are very limited right now, as it is, so we were happy to find something so comfortable and nice that wasn't too far out.

If you're in Walla Walla on the weekend, don't miss the Egyptian falafel seller at the farmers market downtown, he's famous all over the state!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fargo, ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The room was fine, but the experience staying there was not. My wife and I, and another couple, stayed at the Hampton Inn in Walla Walla. Many weeks earlier I had made a reservation and paid for it online, reserving for two rooms, one with double queen beds and one with a king bed. When we got there, both rooms had double queens. When I told the receptionist that one room was supposed to be a king she told me that was not correct and I had reserved two double queens, and the hotel was full so I could not switch rooms. It was two days later before I could print off a copy of my confirmation and show it to another clerk to document that I had in fact reserved, and had confirmed, a king room. I wanted to make sure that I was not being charged for the wrong room because the rooms with two-queens were more expensive. I was then told that the reservation was changed to both rooms with two queens because I requested that the rooms be connecting. That is not true; I did not make that request and the rooms in fact were not even connecting, only next to one another – which I did not request, either.

So, I was embarrassed when we checked in and in front of my wife and two other traveling companions I was told that I had not made the reservation I said I had, making me look a little foolish. I was frustrated to discover that my reservation had been changed without informing me. I was angered to be told that I had requested something (a change to connecting rooms) that I had not requested. As I stood there talking to the clerk about this, it was quite clear that I was not satisfied with the situation, and in front of me, on the counter on a big sign to patrons it said that if you are not satisfied you don’t pay. Now, I was not looking to not pay, and in fact if the offer was extended to me to not pay since I was dissatisfied, I would have paid anyway but would have felt better about it. But the offer never came, contra the sign. All I got was a “sorry for the confusion.” I was not confused and there was no room for confusion on their part.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nate C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor, I appreciate the feedback and would like to take this opportunity to make it right. I sincerely apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations, for the room types being changed prior to your arrival, and most importantly for the poor service attitude you received whilst trying to correct the situation. Please feel free to contact me directly to speak further about your experience and to allow me to hold up our Satisfaction Guarantee.

Nate Carlile
509-525-1398
nate.carlile@hilton.com
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is on the outer edges of Walla Walla and about a good two miles to downtown. Walking to downtown is doable, but 9th Ave. is a bit fast and a tad bit sketchy. The service at the hotel was fine and the rooms just as you would expect. Location is the biggest draw back. The outside pool was kept warm but the jets to the hot tub were broken. They were waiting for a part. The pool is pretty much in the parking lot on the backside of the hotel.

Room Tip: I liked the fourth floor. It was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Absolutely spotless, HUGE room (king bed suite) - very nice lay-out. Very comfortable bed - with literature on the bed stating how ALL of the bedding, including the comforter, is washed between EACH guest. That impressed me - I am very fussy, and that alone is enough reason to choose Hampton Suites, in my opinion. The only negative is that like most other hotels these days, there are lots of pillows on the bed - but they are ALL small and way too soft.
Breakfast room was beautiful - huge, not crowded like at most hotels, great variety, well tended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Always very clean, pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds and it's in a great location. Close to downtown and wineries. The complimentary breakfast is more than ample - usually some sort of egg/meat/potato option, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries/bread, oatmeal - you name it! We've stayed here twice now while in Walla Walla and we will definitely be staying here next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Higher floors and rooms with kitchens are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for a day and really enjoyed it, it was fantastic, friendly staff, clean comfortable room, the room design was really nice, lots of parking, and i did find the location convenient.The breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Walla Walla? Share your experiences!