“make sure you read all info. when booking online” 1 of 5 stars

Walla Walla Super 8 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2315 Eastgate Street North, Walla Walla, WA 99362   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
oregon
“make sure you read all info. when booking online”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I made my reservation for Super 8 on line & did not read the "fine print". I decided to stay at another hotel. I sent a email cancelling my reservation. I received a phone call from the Super 8 stating that the online reservation that I made was a non-refundable reservation. I would not be getting my money back. I made this cancellation over 2 months before my reservation date. I called the customer service number to get help with getting my money back. I was told that because I made this cancellation so far in advance that they would make an exception, cancel my reservation & refund my money. After 9 days my account still was not credited. I again called customer service & was,needless to say, given the run around. I am told to try calling the Walla Walla Super 8 upper management & if needed to call customer service back in two days. I will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again & I will tell everyone I know about the horrible customer service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
S8GM, Manager at Walla Walla Super 8 Motel, responded to this review, September 11, 2009
When making an online reservation it is clearly stated that an advance purchase reservation for the discount advertised is non-refundable. It is not fine print, it is upfront and posted in two separate locations in case one is missed. As a goodwill courtesy we did refund the person their deposit two days after she contacted us and we showed proof of that credit. It was her bank that delayed her refund not the motel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Waterman, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed one night in Walla Walla while visitings friends. The hotel was older as most Super 8's are. I paid $82 through Hotwire.com which seemed resonable after searching for other hotel prices in town. The room was small, the bedspread was old. The furniture was old and the TV was small. I had paid $63 for a Motel 6 a few weeks prior and got much more for that than the $82 I paid here. The water pressure was excellent for an older hotel. The front desk girl was cheerful but didn't provide us the information we needed. I would not stay here again unless it was to sleep and take a shower, and if it was the last place in town available.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Super 8 is an economy motel, therefore room sizes are standard size for that class of motel chain. We were built in 1992 and have had many rooms and public areas remodeled since then. Including new TV’s that are 26”, new shower package that includes 8 different adjustments along with curved shower rods making them more spacious. In addition, we have a newly remodeled lobby, new breakfast room serving our Super Start Breakfast including Belgian Waffles. We offer friendly service, clean rooms at a affordable price.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed at the Super 8 because we knew they allowed dogs so we didn't have high expectations to begin with. The room seemed adequate except the toilet kept overflowing and they were short handed the weekend of all the Winery's Spring Release events so we were a bit upset it was hard to get help.

Luckily, we didn't spend much time in the rooms but the walls are paper thin so bring ear plugs - that was the only way we could get any sleep as you continually hear doors slamming, and people's voices - and we were supposedly in the quiet section! I don't think we would ever stay there again unless we had no other choice.

Stayed May 2008
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

Carpeting is filthy and the furniture in general has a very worn look. Walls were paper thin. Breakfast buffet was a joke, consisting of a few varieties of cereal and stale bagels. I've stayed in nice Super 8 motels and this was not one of them.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmonds, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

* My wife and I planned to visit my son, who attends Whitman College. On Mar 23, 2007, I phoned the Walla Walla Super8 directly (not the 800 number) to make a reservation for the nights of Apr 20 and 21. I gave a credit card # and was given a reservation #.
* On Thu, Apr 19, the day before our trip, I called the hotel to confirm.
* The desk clerk said our reservation had been cancelled. She had no idea why or by whom, and said I should call the 800 number to find out. She had no rooms available.
* I called Super8 Reservations. They said our reservation had been cancelled on Apr 15. No further information. Suggested I call Customer Service.
* I called Super8 Customer Service. They said our reservation had been cancelled on Apr 15 by the "TripRewards program". I said we never heard of this program, and nobody had asked us or informed us about the cancellation. They gave me a Case # (1996068), and said their "Research team" would investigate. I asked if they could find an alternative hotel for us. They said no.
* My wife and I called many other hotels in the area. No rooms were available. We had to cancel our trip. We had already arranged vacation day from work. My son had been looking forward to our visit and planned his schedule around it.
* I called Customer Service again on Fri, Apr 20. Asked if the "Research team" had found out how or why our reservation was cancelled. They said there was no activity so far by the Research Team, and we needed to allow 7 working days for the "investigation".
* I called Customer Service again on May 04. They said (i) there was no report from the Research Team, and no information under our Case # other than that our reservation was cancelled on Apr 15 by "TripRewards"; (ii) a check for $25 would be mailed to us because of the "inconvenience".
* Received check on May 10.

• Disliked — our reservation was cancelled without notification
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

We have stayed at this Super 8 for 2 weeks every July for the last 4 years. It has always been very clean and the staff very attentive and eager to please. I have recomended it to other family members and got the same glowing reports when they returned home. I have read the negative reviews and they do not reflect our experiences. For the price, I feel it's a great deal. We always stay in 1 of 2 large suites that are actually apartments. No complaints.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

Thankfully I only needed to spend one night in Walla Walla because this particular Super 8 was just awful. I have no complaints about the front desk service at check-in, but the room I received was in pretty poor shape... very dirty carpet, dinged table and chair, torn wallpaper. On top of this I discovered large dried blood stains on the top sheet/blanet of the bed. I mentioned this upon checkout to the front desk clerk who didn't seem to be in a mood to care about such things and she would not even stop chatting with a buddy on the phone when she helped me.

It is assured I will never set foot here again and I hope anyone who reads this does the same!

• Liked — Is located close to restaurants and the freeway
  • Disliked — Bloody sheets!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Walla Walla Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!