“Discrimination and prejudice? Welcome to Capri hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Walla Walla
Capri Motel
You added Capri Motel to your Saves list
2003 Melrose Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Boise, Idaho
“Discrimination and prejudice? Welcome to Capri hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Dear management,

I just got off the phone with you after calling to inquire about availability for several rooms the last weekend in October. After being informed that there was plenty of availability, I asked if any of the rooms were handicapped accessible. Your response was "Well, some of the rooms are on the second floor." I asked if there were rooms on the first floor without steps, and you replied that some had steps, and some didn't. Before I could tell you that this would be fine, you proceeded to inform me that all the rooms had regular tubs. I replied that that would be fine, as my mother can walk about 10 steps, and can bring her own shower seat. I reiterated that the most important detail was whether she would be able to get inside the room. You then proceeded to explain that there were no grab bars on the walls. I informed you that my mother has been to china, and I expected that she would be plenty capable of handling a hotel in walla walla. You then started to explain about the doors; at this point I interrupted you and asked if you were uncomfortable having someone in a wheelchair staying in your hotel. You hemmed and hawed and said something else about the doors, upon which I cordially bid you good night and hung up the phone.

This kind of discrimination is intolerable; we are a family of small business owners and go out of our way to patron small, locally owned businesses whenever we can, but I have never experienced this kind of intolerance at any establishment. If you can't be accommodating, you can expect that your potential customers will seek accommodation elsewhere.

Oh, and just so you know, my lovely, gracious, and adventurous mother has visited china, South Korea, Japan, Mexico, Ireland, England, Germany, Poland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, and South Africa, all from the seat of her wheelchair. Perhaps you could have learned a little something from her about keeping an open mind.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ellensburg, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

It's an older motel owned and operated on site. Nice people. Very, very clean, probably the cleanest I've been in for awhile. I could smell bleach on the towel kinda clean. Well kept too. Oh and I'm writing my review using their free wifi, sipping hot free coffee, so no problem there. Maybe it helps to stay in a room closer to the office. My husband says its a steal for what we paid. We will return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Rude, run down, no Wi-Fi. The management seemed to rather be doing something else. Maybe need a vacation. This odds just the basics. A bed, and tv. I guess dog friendly. There is a pool. Quite a walk to soda machines.

• Stayed March 2012
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This motel is a gem that we cannot wait to return to for our next visit to Walla Walla. You are less than a minute from the highway, grocery store and Starbucks and getting to town is just a few minutes down the road.

The staff is friendly, the amenities are comfortable and the motel is incredibly clean. These folks will be seeing us again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
washington state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have stayed here a few times, while visiting friends or taking wine tours. I have to say it is the best value in town. It is not the Marcus Whitman, however, it is a 1/3 the price. As for Wi Fi, we have never had an issue using our IPad's or computer's while staying at the property.. It is a secured wireless network and I am not sure what the other reviewers issue was.
As for the owners they have always been friendly to us and to friends of ours who have stayed here with us on various occasions.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the 4 rooms on the back side of the motel office.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We checked in ONLY because Graduation was going on in Walla Walla, not too many rooms were vacant in the whole town.. The property looks very rundown and in need of renovation. Besides that, The WiFi DOES NOT WORK! Even though they will tell you it does!!!! The very rude owners/staff told me I must have old equipment and its my problem why I cannot connect!!! After checking in, we quickly decided we would rather pay $70 more to stay in a bigger chain hotel close by. The room was dark and gloomy, no wifi, dirty bedding and the 'owners/staff, were very rude to us for no reason. . Don't even bother, unless you have no other choice.

Room Tip: Go to another Motel, even if its more money you will be glad you did, especially if you need the WiF...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

1980's style room ... they advertise wifi but the wifi didnt work the whole weekend we stayed there. When we asked questions the hotel owner told us that it must be the security on our devises nothing to do with his wifi. Was not at all impressed. I would never stay here again ... I wasn't expecting the Hilton but this didn't come close to even a basic motel 6.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Capri Motel? Share your experiences!