“It served its purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla

You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla to your Saves list
Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   325 E. Main Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362 (Formerly Walla Walla Vineyard Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Vancouver
“It served its purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I booked this hotel for a weekend based on its location and price. It wasn't till later that I read the reviews and had second throughts. But, my husband and I have always viewed hotels as just a place to sleep, and heck - we travel regularly to 3rd-world countries, so I figured we could handle it. And you know what? It was fine. A little worn, a little dated, some spots on the carpet, sure. But everything in the room was clean, worked properly and the bed was quite comfortable. Excellent water pressure in the shower, btw! We didn't take advantage of the fitness center or pool, so I can't comment on those, but the room itself was fine. We paid a bargain rate and we got a decent place to stay - not much to complain about there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
McCall, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I booked a room for two nights for my anniversary and my birthday. The pictures looked real nice and I got the room for a screaming deal. When I got there I was surprised by the appearance of the front lobby, dirty and cluttery..nothing like the pictures. They have free WIFI, but you have to sit in the lobby to access it, not very convenient. I went to my room and was so disgusted by the carpet. There were stains from one wall to the other, not just a spot here and there but the entire carpet was one big stain. I refused to take my shoes off. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room because of the carpet. I was told, "it is just stained". But I got a different room and was a little happier. The carpets were clean. The shower head could not be adjusted, the water came out in a solid stream. It appears the coffee pot was not washed, just rinsed. I washed it out and it came clean. The next day our coffee and cups were not replenished. This hotel is in a great location. It needs someone to buy it and fix it up. It would be a great place if that happened.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with clean carpets.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DenaTurner, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for posting a review. Our guests tell us what we're doing right and what we we need to improve on. I'm sorry that the desk clerk didn't give you a better answer than "it's just a stain", as we have rooms that the carpet isn't stained in. In the future if you're in the area, please give us another try. Again, thank you for posting a review
Bremerton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I am a frugle person and that is why I picked this place. I just wanting a place to sleep and nothing else, just because we were out with family the rest of the time. The new manager is still fixing up the property, but it seems to be a slow process. The pool and hot tub were clean ,but still not ready. The cont. breakfast was dismal (didn't bother). Only wifi in the lobby. No air cond. in the excerise room. The parking lot was a little sketchy. The pics they advertise with are not what the place looks like. All the vegitation was over grown, we couldnt see past our patio. Everything was old and rusty. We checked and told the lady at the office that a man was sleeping in a lawn chair on our patio ,she didn't seem phased by it at all. That was fine ,because we stayed our last night at La Quinta (much better).

Room Tip: wait until the up date everything.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DenaTurner, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for writing a review. We have gotten the pool and hot tub up and running. We have also gotten the area cleaned up out by the pool area and hope that when in the area again, you will give us another chance. Again, thank you for writing a review, it tells us where we need to improve and what we are doing right.
Florence, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Someone else's hair was all over the floor in the bathroom. Had to keep the bathroom door open so it wasn't sweltering in there, but then you couldn't get in the back side of the bed. Bed was totally up against the wall and the other side was about a foot from the incredibly loud air conditioner. Tiniest room ever.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms. Mostly the view is of the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
DenaTurner, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for writing a review. We apopogize for not meeting your standards. We do have rooms that overlook the pool area and that are much bigger than the one you were in. Our guests tell us what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right, we always have room for improvement. We hope that if you are ever in the Walla Walla are again, you will come in and look at a different room and see the improvements we have made. Again, thank you for writing a review
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

For starters I paid for this hotel online, and when we were checking in the person tried telling me that the room wasn't paid for, I had to show her proof. Then we decide to stay with a friend the first night. So the next day I went to our room and our card keys didn't work so we went to the front desk to ask why. Well they had to re- swipe our cards. And when asked why they said that since we didn't stay the first night they just re-locked the door! We checked in does it matter if we stayed or not? It was paid for. So Our room it was small, a very out dated room, I love the Retro look. But this is not that. Our sheets looked clean but under the sheets the mattress pad was dirty with animal hair, and the middle blanket also had hair. And the sides of the mattress had what looked like poop smears on it. The air conditioning was alright but it would not allow you to turn up real high. The water only trickled out of the sink, and everything echoed due to the cinder block walls. It almost reminded me of a over sized jail cell. The pool had no water but judging the look of it you probably wouldn't want to use it. All the advertising pictures must of been photo shoped. Very miss leading. Now breakfast I hope your not to hungry you get a bagel or English muffin and a small fruit cup. Oh did I mention our room smelled kinda musky and funky. For the same price or a bit more you can go to a better hotel thar u don't wonder if you should take your shoes off or not. Or wonder what happend in your sheets. I was very disappointed. Never will we stay again.

• Stayed June 2011
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

This place is ranked dead last for hotels in the city for a reason. A good friend of ours put us up here 2 weeks ago, along with another dozen or so friends, based on it's location -- walking distance to downtown and his house. With friends like this... It was Spring Wines Release in Walla Walla, so the cute B&Bs and other hotels were booked. But I'm pretty sure this rates in the top 2 worst hotels I've ever stayed in.

Where do I start -- the outside is depressing motel style, the landscape is mostly weeds, the pool was filled w/ green slime, the hot tub was drained, the rooms all have cinder block walls and do not look or feel very clean, or that they've been updated since the 70s. The room below us had a bowl of food on the patio that had mold and spiderwebs growing on it, and dusty kids' toys that looked like the patio hadn't been cleaned in weeks or months. Oh - and then to kick it off, the largest meth lab bust in County history happened a week after we checked out. Nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Post Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

We booked this motel thinking that the website looked decent and for the price it looked like your middle of the road room. FAR FROM IT! Shabby, dirty, cinder block building. The reception area smelled, the walk to the room I noticed that a door lock on another room looked like it had been punched out. Our room was dated, dingy, 1/2 a roll of toilet paper w/ no refills and a partition board screwed into some cinder blocks separating the sleeping area from the vanity. We were told that the pool or the hot tub were not available for use...the pool though did have leaves, paper and soda bottles floating in it. The largest meth lab bust in the county history happened at this motel 3 days after we checked out. (also arrested was the motel manager) Three words...ick, ick ick! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla? Share your experiences!