“Great value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   305 North Second Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362 (Formerly Budget Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Seattle, USA
“Great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've stayed at this motel a couple of times now and consider it an excellent value for the price.

The location is great - right off the Highway, and two to five blocks from the main downtown shops, banks and restaurants. It's one block from the Marcus Whitman if you're in town for a conference and on a budget. Across the street is one of the town's premiere restaurants, the Whitehouse-Crawford. Access in and out of the parking lot is easy and there's been plenty of parking available during my visits.

Cleanliness is superior. Budget hotels often are downright shabby, with matted carpets and grimy bathrooms. Not so here. Both rooms I stayed in were sparkling clean. This is advertised as a non-smoking hotel. The first time I stayed, the room I was offered smelled smoky to me, and I was immediately and pleasantly offered another room which was perfectly satisfactory.

Amenities are OK. I wasn't a heavy Internet user while I was there, but my rooms had Wi-Fi adequate to my needs. The rooms offered a nice TV, refrigerator with small freezer, small microwave, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer. Bathroom supplies are basic: soap and shampoo, along with ample towels. I missed having a coffee maker and a shower cap, but for the price I can't complain. If you need lotion or conditioner, bring your own. The first time I was there, there was no Continental breakfast available. The second time there was, and while I didn't partake or look closely, it looked definitely Continental: coffee and some baked goods.

Beds were comfortable, pillows ample, furniture sturdy and convenient, and rooms good-sized and fresh-smelling (except for the first room I was given, which I traded).

I had uniformly friendly and helpful service from the office staff, and good housekeeping throughout my visits.

I've stayed at the Marcus Whitman, and it's a lovely hotel, but unless you're planning to entertain guests in your room or spend most of your time in the hotel, I personally can't see spending three or four times as much money for a place to park your head at night. Cleanliness, service attentiveness to the occasional problem, convenience of location, and general comfort what I look for, and they are more than adequate at this budget hotel. And you'll have some money left over to spend at some of the great local restaurants and wineries.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
danny p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
PNW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

For the price I wasn't expecting The Ritz but I did expect better than this. The hotel website advertises "free continental breakfast" but at check-in there's a sign stating breakfast isn't served during winter months. A bad start. Our room (not in the newer wing of the hotel) was in need of updating and deep cleaning, it smelled of Febreze covering cigarette smoke. Maybe this is where out-of-town construction workers stay because the loveseat was filthy, looked like greasy coveralls had been at home there. There was no coffee maker in the room. Coffee is available in the lobby 7-9am but that area also needs cleaning. Coffee grounds were spilled on the floor around the trash bin but the staff wasn't bothered enough to clean it up. Second night we were kept awake by the very loud tv in the room next door. I tried ringing the front desk at 1am hoping they could solve the problem but they didn't answer. I tried ringing the room direct but they didn't answer. I tried knocking on the wall but still no luck. At 4am I finally gave up and turned on the noisy heater/AC unit to drown out the neighbor's noise and try to get some sleep. All in all it was a disappointment, I won't stay there again and I won't recommend it to friends or family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Soory this time we give you better service next time.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been going to Walla Walla now for several times. 3 out of 4 times I have stayed there over a weekend and I will stay there next time as well.
The service is friendly, the rooms are large and clean and quiet. It is centrally located, so after all the wine tasting is done I can walk downtown, which takes about 5 min.
It's also close to a great breakfast place.

Room Tip: I prefer the section of the hotel away from the registration desk at the far end across from Seven H...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
danny p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank You Very Much For Staying With Us.See You Again.Next Time Call Motel Direct at-5095294410 or 18885294161 so get better rated.
Lake Oswego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were only in town 1 night for wine club pick-ups an this was just a place to rest our head. It was clean, comfy and had a large flat screen TV (if you have to watch!), WiFi worked great, everything you needed for 1 night including fridge/microwave. We skipped the breakfast, so we really weren't here more than sleeping, but it saved us plenty of cash to buy more wine.
Recommend if on a budget, this is centrally located and we walked to many tasting rooms including Rotie, Kerloo, Mackey and had dinner at Brasserie 4!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
danny p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
we can make you happy when you stayed next time sorry this time.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited Walla Walla many times but this was our first stay here. It was a big wine release weekend and all other places were booked. We were a bit apprehensive about the place (age, cleanliness, etc.) but it turned out fine. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn. We stayed in the newer section (western half of hotel) and it was clean and tidy. A basic room although the neighbors plumbing woke me up both mornings. The fridge and microwave were handy. The older section exterior is showing signs of age and if that was the entire hotel, I wouldn't want to stay here. I thought the continental breakfast was a joke. Coffee, orange juice, mini-muffins and bread to toast.
The best part was the smells coming from Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant and the wine crushing at the Seven Hills Winery across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
danny p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
sorry about that we can give you better service next time.
Winlock, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012 w/our house dog (120lb Yellow lab). He is our baby and travels w/us every wear, it is sometimes hard to find a hotel. They allowed us to bring our over sized baby at $10 a day. They were very friendly and the breakfast was wonderful. We will stay here again, very soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
danny p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank You Very Much.See You Again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Whenever we visit Walla Walla, this is where we stay. We have family in Walla Walla and we visit regularly and this was my wife's home town, so we know it well. We've been staying at this particular hotel for years and have seen it evolve to its present state, with a new addition and a recent name change. It's clean, affordable, and offers amenities like fridges, microwaves, hair dryers, etc., in the room. There's also wi-fi and a modest breakfast included. One important tip: instead of booking the hotel through an internet booking site, call the hotel's direct number (509-529-4410) and get a much better price!!

Room Tip: We like second floor rooms in the newer section.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much see you again.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!