“Who thought school could be so much fun!?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Schoolhouse at Cannondale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Wilton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Next to train station
Transit: We share a parking lot with the Cannondale Train Station that connects in Norwalk CT.
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Who thought school could be so much fun!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Schoolhouse at Cannondale is amazing on every level. Inventive and delicious dishes, great atmosphere and friendly staff! I went for the first time earlier this month and I can't wait to go back again! I must try for any foodie!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Go On Thursday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This farm to table restaurant is still terrific. Go on Thursday when you get a special 4 course dinner for $40 - you select from among two choices for each course. Some of the courses include ingredients rarely seen elsewhere or in unanticipated and surprisingly pleasant combinations. Occasionally a choice is just so-so, but most are excellent so if you are not too picky this is a great place to experience farm to table cuisine. The restaurant is set in a historic one room schoolhouse - quaint as could be.

Visited September 2012
Wilton, Connecticut
“I will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went here a couple of months ago for brunch, and to start it off the host/manager? was completely rude. We were a "walk-in" and the host just said to me that they were busy and walked away. My husband came in after parking and inquired about a table and the host finally sat us. We waited over an hour for a mediocre burger, which actually had a piece of plastic in it. When I told the manager he just shrugged it off, and left it at that! My husband's side order arrived 10 minutes after we finished our meal. The waiters never checked in on us,as we sat with empty plates and water glasses, and they wouldn't even look our way when we needed to flag them down. It's a shame because it's a cute location, but I would never go back and give them any additional business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, CT
“Much Better Years Ago”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Cannondale was a remarkable upscale shopping area years ago. One could browse through antiques shops and specialty restaurants in a cozy, nostalgic venue. Sadly, that is not the case the last time I visited.

CT
“Go back to School!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This astounding restaurant is mostly farm to table and locally sourced. Fresh, invigorating, creative. The chef is young and hip and prepares food that is truly memorable. Excellent wine list. The tasting menu on Thursday nights is not to be missed. Best value in the state.

Visited June 2012