“Simple, Basic and Clean Good Valued Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2326 US Highway 53 South/Frontage Rd, International Falls, MN 56649 (Formerly Super 8 International Falls)   |
Calgary
“Simple, Basic and Clean Good Valued Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

On a visit to eastern Canada to visit my grandmother, my mother and I stayed at this hotel. With not a lot of choices in International Falls, completing my research was fairly easy but what a pleasant surprise the America Best Value Inn and Suites is. It is a simple, clean, budget hotel and I thought it was a great value. I have stayed at much worst for far more money during my travelling years. It appears the mattresses are new and the towels look fairly recent as well. Haven't had a chance to experience the breakfast yet but the kitchen area is accessable for coffee and tea, even though we arrived around 8:30 p.m. Thank you for providing a safe, clean environment without breaking the bank!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
The Great White North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in a main floor room near the lobby and found the room to be fairly good, clean and for the most part it was quiet. The room included a microwave and a small fridge, a clock and a tv. The carpet and bathroom are showing a little bit of age...but the cleanliness made up for it. I got to park right in front of my window...which was nice being able to keep an eye on my car. The bed was quite firm but I got used to it. I enjoyed the free breakfast. Coffee, tea, juice, cereal, bagels, pastry, etc. I would definately stay at this hotel again. (The late fall rates were very good)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I usually stay in Holiday Inn Express when we travel, so we were a bit worried when we saw the list of hotels in International Falls. There wasn't much. After finding that a highly rated Mom&Pop place had "no vacancy", we decided to try Americas Best Value Inn based on the Trip Advisor reviews. It turned out to be very nice! Our room was very clean and nice, like a nice Super 8 or a very nice Motel 6. The desk staff was friendly and helpful.The king bed was very comfortable. The linens and towels were good quality and snow white. We could not detect any hint of smoking activity in the halls or our room. There is a great restaurant within walking distance (The Chocolate Moose). We had a nice dinner there. The lady at the desk was matter-of-fact about what they have for breakfast at the hotel--English muffins, bagels, and the like. We liked her straightforward manner and humor. This hotel is a great value for the price. We had no complaints and we definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is a great value for the money. We wanted to visit family but didn't want to pay a lot especially since we wouldn't be in the room much. We made a reservation on the website and check in and check out went smooth.

This hotel is close to the airport and a the Chocolate Moose Restaurant. It is only 10 miles from Voyeageurs national park. It is a budget hotel but it is clean and the beds are reasonably comfortable. The room had a small fridge and a lot of room. I had a wake up call for a flight and it was fine. We were visiting the park and family so we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. It was a lot cheaper than some of the other hotels but still decent. It was quiet there too, which is important to me.

My husband's parents also stayed there and liked it.

I would definitely stay there again and I recommend it.

Room Tip: We liked the second floor on the end. I did not see an elevator though.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Being in such a small town, we weren't sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. Clean, if older 2 bed room with decent tv and excellent selection of channels. Easily located right off 53. Nice people at front desk. Walkable to the Chocolate Moose for food and close to Voyageurs. It is a bit noisy/not a lot of insulation but it was quiet overnight. Breakfast was standard continental fair but coffee, despite being from machine, was suprisingly good! So, totally fit our needs for our stop at Voyageurs and exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: There is no elevator so need a first floor room if can't do stairs First floor gets a bit of no...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights just before the big fishing season started. Most people who are familiar with the area know that nothing in town is new...or even newish. I didn't have very high expectations and honestly was kind of terrified.

I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was old as I had expected (small but soft towels, thin but clean sheets, etc) but I had to say it was much cleaner than any of the other three hotels we stayed at during our two week long vacation. Breakfast was also basic but better than your average continental offerings. Staff was courteous enough but friendliest person was one of the housekeepers. Hope they update this place because their staff would probably keep it in pristine condition.

Would definitely stay again at this location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Owatonna, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the years on the way to fishing in Canada. They have been in the process of updating the last couple of years, and when I look to go fishing this is the place I check first. I've stayed at some of the other budget places, never again. I have my reservations in for this year, and will book early for next year.

Room Tip: Chocolate Moose restaurant is a very short walk away.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!