“Very welcoming, relaxed staff; enjoyed my stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn International Falls

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn International Falls to your Saves list
Knights Inn International Falls
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Riverview Boulevard, Highway 11-71, International Falls, MN 56649   |
Fort Frances, Canada
“Very welcoming, relaxed staff; enjoyed my stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I felt compelled to write this after hearing about yesterday's fatality from the fire in one of the rooms at the Budget Host. I stayed there many times when the Greyhound had a route from Duluth to Winnipeg, and I would spend the night at the Budget Host during the overnight layover. The owner, who (at the time) lived on premises with his family, was incredibly accommodating...if I needed extra towels, no problem; it was a New Years weekend the last time I was there, he insisted I take a few extra blankets...just a very friendly man with a hardworking family. I haven't stayed there in a couple years, so I can't really speak on whether or not the Budget Host has 'permanent guests' but my guess is, as with any other city where fewer people can afford a home, and motels aren't filling up, they're going to have to open a limited number of rooms for long term guests. This might have been the case when I was there, but I didn't really notice.

For me, because I don't drive, the location was ideal: large grocery store (Super One) right across the Highway, as well as a couple of restaurants, if you're into working out the North Site Health Club is about 5 blocks away and they have day passes available. The bridge to Fort Frances, Ontario is about a mile away, as is downtown. While I didn't see a city bus, City Cab is reasonable, and can bring you anywhere in either International Falls or across the border in Fort Frances.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
LaPorte, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

i would definately stay here again..The rooms were clean and comfortable... I worked construction in the area and found my stay here along with the staff to be very enjoyable and accomadating

P. Erickson

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed at the inn all summer while working construction in the area and was very impressed with the service. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The staff was friendly and accomadating. Great value! Would stay again! Recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I was there in January, I drove from the seattle area, I had and emergency in Canada, I was tired, cranky and when I got to the hotel, it was a cozy environment, nice aroma, it Was clean. the guy at the counter asked me if I would like coffee or other beverage, he just started talking made me very comfortable,and I don't ever think I have laughd so much in my life, it was great, The room was perfect, clean fresh, I, so I don't know whats up with those other negative reviews, you won't get better service elsewhere. I recommend this place above all. Thanks Budget Host Inn, I really needed that.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
International Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I think that The Budget Host Inn is a terrific place to stay at I would reccomend other people to stay here at the Budget Host Inn . The staff is got a good sense of humor and rooms are fantastic and nice and clean .. I dont know about the reason for the last comment was but when I stayed here there was not no cigarette butts in the parking lot and there was a house full when I and my children had stayed at The Budget Host Inn.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
North Dakotaq
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We were looking for a inexpensive, basic room for one night stay. Thought the Budget Inn should fit our needs. We used our AAA discount and the room came to $67.60 not including tax. When we drove up, we couldn't help but notice that the parking lot was completely empty. This should have been our first clue. The outside was not kept up. Cigarette butts in the parking area, rusty walks and dirty windows. The carpet in the room was old and matted and it was evident it had not been vacumed recently. There was a muddy print on the tub edge. Radiators were covered with dust and I'm not completely convinced that the sheets were fresh. I wanted to leave but my husband did not want to go through the hassle. Neither of us crawled between the sheets that night. I went to get ice and the exterior of the freezer was disgustingly dirty. We managed to make it through the night. In the morning my husband went to get a cup of coffee. An area of the motel was marked with a sign "Ice and Hot Coffee". It was 8:00 a.m. and the management had not bothered to make fresh coffee for the morning. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Not Clean
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these International Falls hotels

South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

Dated motel that needs updating. Beds were in poor condition, but satisfactory for a very tired traveler. Not a bad hotel if you have been in the woods for a week and need a bed and a shower before heading home.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — beds
  • Tips/Secrets — Many hotels on the other side of town
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn International Falls? Share your experiences!