“Memorable for Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Decatur, Georgia
“Memorable for Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In traveling from Georgia to Texas, we found this to be the favorite place we stayed for our winter trip. Everyone on staff was very thoughtful to make sure our needs were met. The breakfast was just right, not too heavy or too light. Yes, Goldilocks would really say, "Just right!" We had a comfortable rest and sleep with no worries. We were even given a goodie bag when we checked out. You will want to check into this Fairfield at Vicksburg!

• Stayed February 2013
Eric H, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Wow! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful review!

We always love to hear from our guests after their stays, but is extra nice when they have had such a nice experience with us! Our whole team is thrilled to hear that your stay with us was so pleasant and that you were so comfortable here. We hope we will see you again the next time you are in Vicksburg.

Please let us know if there is ever any way we can we can be of service.

Thanks again,
Eric Hoxit
Regional Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were on the road and called only an hour in advance of our arrival. We were greeted at the door when we arrived. The staff was very courteous. Even though we were dropping in with very little warning, they did everything they could to quickly get us a room. They made us feel very special and their service was a comfort at the end of a long day on the road. At breakfast, the buffet was constantly being refreshed and tables were cleaned right away as diners finished.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eric H, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thanks for such a nice review!
We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Vicksburg.
It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet and that our team took such good care of you. We hope to see again the next time your travels bring to the area.
Please feel free to contact us directly if there is any way we can make your travels more comfortable.
Thanks,
Eric Hoxit
Regional Operations Manager
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Due to its location near the National Military Park and the casinos, we chose the Fairfield Inn because I could use by Marriott points. My wife and I stayed two nights while we visited the Park and the local casinos. We had an excellent stay. The hotel was spotless and well-maintained. But we were most impressed with the staff - from the front desk, to the housekeeping folks, and the continental breakfast and happy hour personnel. Everyone was friendly, engaging, and helpful. The complementary breakfast was very good and the complementary happy hour was a nice touch with beer, wine and snacks. Our only disappointment was the upkeep of the pool; the skimmers weren't working and there was debris and bugs floating on the water. But we didn't go there for the pool so it wasn't a big deal.

Room Tip: Get a front room facing the highway, not the back that overlooks a Wendy's drive thru.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you and the Mrs. enjoyed yourselves. We aim to please each and every guest. Sometimes guests don't get all that they want (free rooms) then they complain. I understand that times are hard but we want all of you to be happy. Your response was the pat on the back my team and I needed. The same services you received, they all receive. We want to make you feel as you are home. The pool had debris in it, I'm not sure why but I will keep a closer look at that issue. I do thank you and wife for visiting us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. Please come again and we will improve as the days go by.

Jacke Hall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small & smelly. Housekeeping needs to tighten up. When I asked to speak with a manager, there wasn't one available upon arrival & checkout. Who does this? For the money, I spent, I was extremely disappointed. The only saving grace was the nice lady at the front desk. She was really nice to my little girl & gave her candy & a coloring book. Overall, the stay was not worth the pay.

• Stayed May 2013
I want to first say I apologize for your stay not being what you expeced. When you arrived, we wanted to make you feel happier than when you walked through the door. We knew something was wrong, we did try to make your stay pleasant. Our staff was hopeful to make that happen, we will never stop trying. Please accept our apology and hope to see you all again.
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Over the past year I have stayed at this Fairfield several times. The last trip will be my last. Every time I have stayed, I have had some annoying issue to look past and each trip the annoyance got bigger and bigger.

First the keys did not work on my door. Two or three times a day I had to go the front desk to have them reprogram it. Often this took several trips to get it to work. I got to where I didn't want to leave my room, knowing I couldn't get back in. The key issue has happened during several stays, so it was not just one room.

The elevator smells like burnt electronics. It is pretty scary riding in an elevator with those smells. My first stay I didn't see it as a huge issue and assumed they would be working on it. After almost a year, I would have thought they could have fixed the elevator smell, so this issue did get more annoying.

Cleanliness was hit or miss. Some stays it would be clean, others I found objects left behind from previous guests, bugs in the room, and weird smells.

About 90% of the staff was great, the other 10% not so much. My last check in was done by a lady with her ta-ta's out for the world to see and an even bigger scowl on her face. I dropped something she handed me, and she rolled her eyes. That pretty much set the theme for this entire visit.

The absolute worst thing of all was my final day. I was there on business and this trip had me working until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. I was absolutely exhausted by the end of this stay, so on my final night I turned off my alarms, put the do not disturb on the door, and tried to get a few extra hours before my long drive home. Well I guess this was too much to ask for and I was jilted awake by housekeeping twice banging on my door. Not quietly wondering if someone was in there, I am talking about a - the building is on fire and everyone needs to evacuate type of knock and yells. Once at 8:30 and then again at 9:30. At that point I was almost in tears from frustration and exhaustion. Apparently "do not disturb" meant something closer to do not disturb housekeeping if they want to clean your room first thing in the morning regardless of having paid for the room until 11:00. I packed up and left immediately having the angriest drive home I have experienced in many years of travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Wow, let me be the first to say I'm sorry. I see you have had a lot of bad stays at Fairfield Inn's and you have stayed here at ours and you have had a bad experience here. We are an older hotel and are making much needed updates. I want extend an invitation for you to come back and visit us here in Vicksburg. I am not sure as to what happened, but it should not have happened. Please don't let that experience be your determining factor with us here. I want you to come back and see if we can get this right. When you decide to come back, contact me personally and I will be around at your service. Thank you for your comment, if things are wrong and no one tells us about it, it will be slow to get fixed. By you letting me know about your stay this soon, I know how to handle the situation. Thanks again for contacting us.

Jacke Hall,
GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at the courtyard Marriott when we come to Vicksburg but decided to save a little $ & stay at the Fairfield.
For the money it is a really great. The beds were nice & upon arrival we got a little bag with goodies for the kids, which they liked. The lady at the front was great! Very accomadating.
The pool was closed, which we didn't know. I agree that it needs updating. It's in a great area alongside I20 which is conveinant. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. We are delighted to know you wanted to change and you enjoyed your choice. I want to apologise for the pool being out of order. It is now up and running. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Jacke Hall,
GM
Tecumseh, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived at the motel at 2:25 PM and were told we couldn't check in until 3:00PM. There were only a few cars at the facility and I really question whether there were no cleaned rooms available.
Though the front desk personnel were polite, I don't feel they were in the least bid accomodating.
We then returned at 5:30PM and were assigned a room. The room was nice, and I loved the pillows, but the bathroom had some mold around the tub. This place is getting old and in much need of maintenance and remodeling.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness of the room out before you commit to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. I am sorry for the check-in process. Check-in is at 3:00 as posted. If there are rooms available, we would have loved to put you in the wonderful room you so much loved. The previous night we were full and checkout time is at 12:00 pm. By the time you arrived, they were just finishing up on the rooms, 3:00 came around, all rooms were done. We are doing all we can to accommodate each and every guest. Thank you for understanding that we do what we can when it comes to making guests happy.

Thanks, again
Jacke Hall, GM

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg? Share your experiences!