“Filthy/ not worth the money” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
“Filthy/ not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small & smelly. Housekeeping needs to tighten up. When I asked to speak with a manager, there wasn't one available upon arrival & checkout. Who does this? For the money, I spent, I was extremely disappointed. The only saving grace was the nice lady at the front desk. She was really nice to my little girl & gave her candy & a coloring book. Overall, the stay was not worth the pay.

• Stayed May 2013
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I want to first say I apologize for your stay not being what you expeced. When you arrived, we wanted to make you feel happier than when you walked through the door. We knew something was wrong, we did try to make your stay pleasant. Our staff was hopeful to make that happen, we will never stop trying. Please accept our apology and hope to see you all again.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Over the past year I have stayed at this Fairfield several times. The last trip will be my last. Every time I have stayed, I have had some annoying issue to look past and each trip the annoyance got bigger and bigger.

First the keys did not work on my door. Two or three times a day I had to go the front desk to have them reprogram it. Often this took several trips to get it to work. I got to where I didn't want to leave my room, knowing I couldn't get back in. The key issue has happened during several stays, so it was not just one room.

The elevator smells like burnt electronics. It is pretty scary riding in an elevator with those smells. My first stay I didn't see it as a huge issue and assumed they would be working on it. After almost a year, I would have thought they could have fixed the elevator smell, so this issue did get more annoying.

Cleanliness was hit or miss. Some stays it would be clean, others I found objects left behind from previous guests, bugs in the room, and weird smells.

About 90% of the staff was great, the other 10% not so much. My last check in was done by a lady with her ta-ta's out for the world to see and an even bigger scowl on her face. I dropped something she handed me, and she rolled her eyes. That pretty much set the theme for this entire visit.

The absolute worst thing of all was my final day. I was there on business and this trip had me working until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. I was absolutely exhausted by the end of this stay, so on my final night I turned off my alarms, put the do not disturb on the door, and tried to get a few extra hours before my long drive home. Well I guess this was too much to ask for and I was jilted awake by housekeeping twice banging on my door. Not quietly wondering if someone was in there, I am talking about a - the building is on fire and everyone needs to evacuate type of knock and yells. Once at 8:30 and then again at 9:30. At that point I was almost in tears from frustration and exhaustion. Apparently "do not disturb" meant something closer to do not disturb housekeeping if they want to clean your room first thing in the morning regardless of having paid for the room until 11:00. I packed up and left immediately having the angriest drive home I have experienced in many years of travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Wow, let me be the first to say I'm sorry. I see you have had a lot of bad stays at Fairfield Inn's and you have stayed here at ours and you have had a bad experience here. We are an older hotel and are making much needed updates. I want extend an invitation for you to come back and visit us here in Vicksburg. I am not sure as to what happened, but it should not have happened. Please don't let that experience be your determining factor with us here. I want you to come back and see if we can get this right. When you decide to come back, contact me personally and I will be around at your service. Thank you for your comment, if things are wrong and no one tells us about it, it will be slow to get fixed. By you letting me know about your stay this soon, I know how to handle the situation. Thanks again for contacting us.

Jacke Hall,
GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at the courtyard Marriott when we come to Vicksburg but decided to save a little $ & stay at the Fairfield.
For the money it is a really great. The beds were nice & upon arrival we got a little bag with goodies for the kids, which they liked. The lady at the front was great! Very accomadating.
The pool was closed, which we didn't know. I agree that it needs updating. It's in a great area alongside I20 which is conveinant. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. We are delighted to know you wanted to change and you enjoyed your choice. I want to apologise for the pool being out of order. It is now up and running. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Jacke Hall,
GM
Tecumseh, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived at the motel at 2:25 PM and were told we couldn't check in until 3:00PM. There were only a few cars at the facility and I really question whether there were no cleaned rooms available.
Though the front desk personnel were polite, I don't feel they were in the least bid accomodating.
We then returned at 5:30PM and were assigned a room. The room was nice, and I loved the pillows, but the bathroom had some mold around the tub. This place is getting old and in much need of maintenance and remodeling.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness of the room out before you commit to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. I am sorry for the check-in process. Check-in is at 3:00 as posted. If there are rooms available, we would have loved to put you in the wonderful room you so much loved. The previous night we were full and checkout time is at 12:00 pm. By the time you arrived, they were just finishing up on the rooms, 3:00 came around, all rooms were done. We are doing all we can to accommodate each and every guest. Thank you for understanding that we do what we can when it comes to making guests happy.

Thanks, again
Jacke Hall, GM
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked a room at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Vicksburg, MS, however when I arrived, I found out that I made an error on the date for reserving my room. When I reserved the room, I had mistakenly reserved it for the previous night. The manager, Jacke, was very courteous about my mistake and he helped me get a room at the Fairfield Inn for the night. My stay was a good one, clean rooms and a very friendly staff. Since I travel through Vicksburg a few times a year, I am sure Fairfield Inn is the place I will stay. K. Stafford

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am delighted to know you had a wonderful stay with us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. We are always pleased to have you and your family. We enjoyed having you, you are are family when you are here. We strive to make each and every stay enjoyable. We seem to have done just that. We will be looking forward to seeing you again, soon. As we say in the south, we'll leave the light on for ya.

Thanks,
Jacke Hall, GM
Dallas, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very friendly staff. Drinks/appetizers fr 5:30 -7 were extremely appealing aft long drive. Older bldg w/ narrow halls; well-worn, soft mattress. Prepared oatmeal pot w/ dishes of condiments, among other hot breakfast offerings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksbug. I am glad you had a great stay with us. I wish you had the restful night as you wanted. We are getting better at taking the initiative at pleasing every guest. If you will, contact me upon your next visit and we will chat, perhaps at our evening social. I trust you will have a safe drive and trip.

General Manager,
Jacke Hall
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The front desk staff was great! Everyone was very nice. The room was so clean! The manager was extremely kind and very handsome he always asked "How was your night?" with a great big smile and handled all if any issues i had. I love great handsome managers like the one here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jacke H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Wow... Thank you very much for the compliment. It sure was a good way to start my morning. We here at Fairfield Inn would like to thank you for visiting and sharing such a good experience with us. I am so pleased me met all of your expectations especially dealing with cleanliness and comfort. I hope the breakfast was what you needed also. We pride ourselves on exceptional guest service and satisfaction and it seems as if we have done that. I want to say thank you again for your visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg? Share your experiences!