Over the past year I have stayed at this Fairfield several times. The last trip will be my last. Every time I have stayed, I have had some annoying issue to look past and each trip the annoyance got bigger and bigger.
First the keys did not work on my door. Two or three times a day I had to go the front desk to have them reprogram it. Often this took several trips to get it to work. I got to where I didn't want to leave my room, knowing I couldn't get back in. The key issue has happened during several stays, so it was not just one room.
The elevator smells like burnt electronics. It is pretty scary riding in an elevator with those smells. My first stay I didn't see it as a huge issue and assumed they would be working on it. After almost a year, I would have thought they could have fixed the elevator smell, so this issue did get more annoying.
Cleanliness was hit or miss. Some stays it would be clean, others I found objects left behind from previous guests, bugs in the room, and weird smells.
About 90% of the staff was great, the other 10% not so much. My last check in was done by a lady with her ta-ta's out for the world to see and an even bigger scowl on her face. I dropped something she handed me, and she rolled her eyes. That pretty much set the theme for this entire visit.
The absolute worst thing of all was my final day. I was there on business and this trip had me working until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. I was absolutely exhausted by the end of this stay, so on my final night I turned off my alarms, put the do not disturb on the door, and tried to get a few extra hours before my long drive home. Well I guess this was too much to ask for and I was jilted awake by housekeeping twice banging on my door. Not quietly wondering if someone was in there, I am talking about a - the building is on fire and everyone needs to evacuate type of knock and yells. Once at 8:30 and then again at 9:30. At that point I was almost in tears from frustration and exhaustion. Apparently "do not disturb" meant something closer to do not disturb housekeeping if they want to clean your room first thing in the morning regardless of having paid for the room until 11:00. I packed up and left immediately having the angriest drive home I have experienced in many years of travel.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Vicksburg Hotel
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Vicksburg Hotel Vicksburg
- Fairfield Inn Vicksburg
- Fairfield Vicksburg
- Vicksburg Fairfield
- Vicksburg Fairfield Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg is a convenient location for guests on business traveling to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Research and Development Center; Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant, International Paper and Cooper Lighting to name a few. Leisure travelers will appreciate the easy access onto I-20 for destinations including the Vicksburg National Military Park, Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum, or Vicksburg's numerous casinos and antebellum homes. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, guests will enjoy complimentary high-speed Internet access, flat screen television with premium cable, and an expanded continental breakfast. Other in-room amenities include mini-refrigerator, microwave, iron, and blow dryer. Featured also are an outdoor pool, business center with computers and printer, and an in-house fitness room. At Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg...Staying is Believing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn by Marriott Vicksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.