“Good stay” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Vicksburg to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Rodeway Inn Vicksburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Pemberton Boulevard / I-20, I-20 & Halls Ferry Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 31 hotels in Vicksburg
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was aiming for the super 8 behind this hotel, but missed the entrance and realised i had a coupon for this motel too. Motel was clean and near food places (i ate at shoneys - which i do not reccomend). A cheap nights stay, no complaints from me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I came to Vickburg for buiness.This motel is just plain dirty.The bedding had brown spots on themthe carpet is old and dirty,troble closing the door.We had a kitchenette. THere where not table and chairs,no plates or pans,knives or forks.The parking is terrible.The floors are two level not good if your diaabled. The only good thing is location. Close to Mall and food store.

Room Tip: you have noise from traians andpaper thin walls
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel is fine for a bargain hotel, but we discovered bed bugs in our room (115) during a 2 night stay in Dec. 2012. My husband is highly allergic to them; he woke up covered in bites after the 1st night, but we didn't see any bugs and thought maybe they came from the hotel we stayed in the night before. We turned on the light around 2 or 3 am on the second night and found 4 bed bugs crawling around in just a few minutes. They were very pleasant and refunded our money for the second night (I haven't asked about the first yet), but obviously I can't recommend staying there until the bed bugs leave.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here 2 months,By far one of the best places ive ever stayed, staff very freindly and helpful, took care of any problem right way. Very clean,quiet,great rooms and safe and great prices.Highly recommend if you have an extened stay in vicksburg.A great personalized stay,they make you feel at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
russellville ark.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we passed thur vicksburg decided to stay at the rodeway inn, we were treated very well, room was very clean and what amazed us was the hotel attendant called us as soon as we got in room and ask if our room was ok..you dont see that happen often..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockbridge, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Rodeway in Vicksburg has seen far better days. Pulled up at entrance to be enveloped in a cloud of cigarette smoke from one of the employees smoking next to the front door. Went inside and nobody there. Finally a Indian woman appeared who didnt know what she was doing. Her husband finally came out of their living quarters and checked me in. He wasnt very friendly. Meanwhile his toddler is wandering around the lobby. The room is outdated and very worn. Bed is sway backed ond over due to be replaced. Old soiled bedspread (would have liked Gordon's infra-red lite). Wrinkled sheets which I am not sure have been changred since the last occupant. EZ chair & ottoman are worn and dirty. Carpet ditto. Wooden furniture is worn and chipped. Popcorn is missing from popcorn ceiling in areas. Olds style TV and reading lights not bright enuf to read comortably. Nice $29.95 flop house.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor before considering staying at this hotel. Filthy!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We are driving cross country and decided to stop and smell the roses and thought Vicksburg would be a good idea to spend a day or two checking the place out. We arrived late at night (10:00pm) after calling and was told that the place was just remodeled. When we got there, the desk clerk said it was 2 years ago..
So since I won't stay anywhere without first looking at the room. I asked to see the room.. I was given a key and told that when I put the key in I should jiggle the handle to get the door open.. So I went it and pulled off the bedspread, The blanket was thin enough to see through, the carpet was dirty, but I still went to check out the bathroom.. Open the light, hit the shower curtain and out fell a ROACH! I screamed and ran out of the room (And I grew up in NYC... very used to roaches but not in my room!) The bathroom was tiny and the toilet was tiny...
The desk clerk tried to convince us to look at another room, but wouldn't you think that he would have given us the best room to check out to begin with? And he went to check if I was right or not about the roach!! What's that about?? I thought the customer is suppose to always be right?
Stay away until or if they get their act together...

Room Tip: Do NOT check in to this place until you totally check out a room first..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Vicksburg? Share your experiences!