“Nice clean rooms.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lady Luck Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Lady Luck Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Lady Luck Hotel and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 Warrenton Rd, Vicksburg, MS 39180 (Formerly Rainbow Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 31 hotels in Vicksburg
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Nice clean rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Clean hotel, friendly staff. Very nice indoor swimming pool with a lift for disabled who need it. I enjoyed the views of the river. Watched barge traffic go by and several geese on the grounds and flying around the river front. My wife was at a Fiber Arts convention and the facilities were very nice. All of the. Ground were very clean.

Cons: No elevator to the second floor. I did not make my reservation, a friend had and did not specify a handicap room. I have a bad hip, bad back, and foot problems and had a very hard time getting up stairs. At the desk they just said no ground floor rooms were available, it would have been nice for them to offer help getting my bags upstairs to my room. I struggled with the baks and walking with a can and getting up stairs. Also, no ice or vending machines up stairs. However, a house keeper dis offer to go down and get a few drinks for me. The help there was appreciated. Only other thing I would is smoke free, I can not tolerate smoke. Could not stay in the casino more than an hour.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that we could not get you a first floor room. I have spoken with our front desk to be aware when guest come in with luggage and they have to put them upstairs to make sure they always offer assistance. Smoke Free Vicksburg is working on getting all public areas smoke free and that would help us here.

Joann McPhaul

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sun Prairi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was smell and dirty. The rugs were stained. We were unable to get cold water out of the tap in the bathroom. The bathroom was also dirty. No kleenex. and i/ roll to toilet tissue. We would NOT recommended staying there. The inclded buffet at the casino was cold, dry and also horrible. The dining room was dirty, Help in the dining room was horrible. We had no silverware and they swept under our table while we ate. The table was very sticky.

Room Tip: I would say a tent would be better then this place
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in a while. We had planned to stay 3 nights and only stayed one. Both comforters and sheets on beds had stains. I didnt feel safe in the parking lot or hallways. We were in the casino playing several hours and never got the drinks we ordered twice. It took 30 minutes at the same blackjack table to get her to stop and then never got
drinks we ordered. She even came back after about an hour being there and we tried to order again. She walked by us many times.

• Stayed May 2013
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel attached to the Lady Luck Casino has been there a long time. It kind of reminds you of a 2 story Days Inn (In fact, I think it was originally built as one). Doors open to the inside with an average room size. Bathrooms are small yet adequate. Beds are good. Room is clean. The only drawback I really see is that there are no actual blinds in the windows, just a sheer shade so you can see shadows of folks outside from your room. I asked for a room not facing the parking lot as I travel alone and that was much better. I would go again especially because it has a pretty good casino rate for players.

Room Tip: Try to get casino rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
vicksburggm, Manager at Lady Luck Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. We do not have blinds in the rooms but have a black out curtain behind the sheers. Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how we are doing

SIncerely,

Jo Ann McPhaul
Lady Luck Hotel & Suites
Natchez, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel had comfy beds and clean rooms. Very nice view of the MS river and geese on the grounds. Great priced room and nice heated, indoor pool. Also, the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator for a great price. Casino next to hotel, so you don't need to drive.

• Stayed February 2013
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Lady Luck Hotel & Suites. I will pass this on to the Staff as they love to hear how they are doing and it is always good to hear feedback from our guest so that we can strive to make your experience a great one. Again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jo Ann McPhaul
Lady Luck Hotel & Suites
Gillette, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is your typical riverboat casino. Definitely a low roller joint. Very small, but they have everything you need. I visited on a Thursday evening, and the only things open were craps and a few blackjack tables. No roulette or three card poker were open. Looks like a bar, a restaurant/deli and a buffet. Didn't try any of those. Didn't stay at the hotel, either. Too far from the highway.

Nice selection of slots, the building looks nice and new. Staff was mostly friendly, but the dealers weren't the best. Overall a decent place to spend an hour or so gambling. Typical Isle of Capri comp program, which means no comps at all basically. VERY tight comps. No room comps that I can tell, at least as a $25-50 per hand blackjack player.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

FORMERLY THE RAINBOW CASINO

The friendly stay and all the free stuff you got for signing up for the card was the best part of this place.

If you sign up for the Fan Club as a couple we EACH got $12.50 in free play, then $5 if you liked them on facebook, $5 off your meal at Otis and Henry’s (which was very good), we each got a free T-shirts and embroidered baseball caps. Did I mention how friendly ALL the staff was? That beat all 4 of the casino we visited in that area.

It is too bad that the casino is so very small. The machines were really not the newest or very loose for being new. I probably would not go back again to play. My boyfriend loved it because the service and free stuff were better than the rest.
There are 4 restaurants inside, The Riverview buffet, Otis and Hennery’s and an Otis and Henry’s Express which is a quick version of the restaurant and the Lone Wolf. As mentioned we at at Otis and Henry’s and got a burger and fries and it was very good and the burger was huge!

There is supposed to be entertainment in a small area in the back which looked inviting, but no one was there during our visit on that Saturday night. It was fairly early though; we left maybe at 7pm.

We did not see the hotel so I cannot comment on the rooms.

I would say stop by visit the Lady Luck and give it a try.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lady Luck Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!