“Ok stay, clean and safe” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
“Ok stay, clean and safe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We felt very safe here, it's out of the way of anything really but nice and quiet. Pool and fitness centre were a bonus, both were good. Room was clean and comfortable, however housekeeping come into our room early and without knocking both mornings! Apart from this we had an enjoyable stay, a good place to stay when passing through. Would recommend

• Stayed October 2013

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
east ridge, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

my wife and I stayed at the Best Western in Benton, Ark on our way to our daughters in Abilene, Texas - Our stay was quite nice and our room was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and professional. The continental breakfast was adequate enough

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Indianola, MS, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The check-in was planned and ready. Exterior was very clean, room was as requested and very clean. Although located on the highway behind the ford car dealership, you could not hear the traffic at any time. Will stay here next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dallas, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

At the check in desk we had to have a demonstration on how to work the shower. The desk clerk had a faucet at the desk for demonstration. I thought to myself, "I've never had to be shown how to turn on the shower. Weird." Men were hanging out of the second story balcony. They looked like they were living there. Several rooms had their doors wide open. Our room was okay. Could not get Internet. Had to go to the office. The desk clerk, who was accommodating and nice, rebooted the modum. Next morning when taking shower, I noticed there were bugs flying around in the bathroom light globe. Yuk!

Room Tip: Not sure I can
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room was ok, nothing extraordinary. The check in clerk wasn't very friendly, and she told us continental breakfast was from 6am to 10:00am. We went down for breakfast a little after nine, and there was no waffle mix, and no bisquit's. They said it was to late to eat breakfast, but we looked around and ALL of the employee's were eating with plates heaping. They ate all the food and left nothing for the guests. When I pay a $100.+ per night I expect a little bit better accommodations.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Forest, Ms.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed here at the Best Western Vicksburg several times and have always enjoyed it here. At check in they are very courteous and accommodating to make you comfortable. I always get the room location I request. And most of all the view form the high hill here you can see everything. The view is awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Perhaps it was just our room, as I have read some good reviews, but our night's stay
was terrible. The manager that checked us in was very nice and very helpful with
directions. I asked for a room that had not had pets, and she looked and gave us
room 108. I thought it was very dated looking compared to the other Best Western's
we had stayed on our Mississippi trip. The chair in the room looked like it had been there since the 70's. We took the decorative pillow and throw at the end of our two queen beds and covered this chair so we would not forget and sit in it. The carpet was totally worn which showed up because of the square patch of new carpet. When we went to place our left over dinner in the fridge we found mold on the gasket of the fridge door. We just threw away our food in the outdoor trash can by the lobby. So I know it was not our food that attracted our nighttime visitors.

During the night I had a spider crawling on me. Not for long as I smashed it to pieces. I realize
at this time of year that can happen anywhere. However, when I got up to wash off and turned
on the light of the stool and tub area. There were roaches crawling all over. I grabbed my
shower shoes and killed them. I sprayed my shoes and the tub with Lysol which I had with me.

I just couldn't go back to sleep and when I got up again 2 hours later, I found the bathroom full
of roaches again. It was 6 am and I called the front desk. The man that finally answered said he would have it taken care of that day. But that did me no good. It is the first time in many years of travel, I couldn't start my day with a shower and a fresh hairdo. We left after going through
everything to make sure we were not bringing any bugs in our luggage and clothes. We did
not try the breakfast, as I just felt to grungy. The manager was back on duty and apologized
for our problem. I know she did give us a small discount and we drove through McDonald's and had juice and coffee as we left. She sent us an e-mail again apologizing and asking us to try them again. I couldn't have found her to be nicer, but this is just not some place I could ever stay again.

Please don't let this review affect you visiting Vicksburg. It is a marvelous place to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Vicksburg? Share your experiences!