“Good Option from I-20” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Good Option from I-20”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western Vicksburg while traveling west on vacation. I had a bottom floor room that was nicely appointed and clean. The bed was comfortable. I also had the breakfast the next morning which was well presented and convenient.

Room Tip: If you are looking to visit the historical downtown area of Vicksburg, there may be better options s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A convenient place for a few nights whilst touring the southern states. Clean, friendly staff, comfortable and good value. Only a two story motel in fact, with a small central reception and breakfast area, but it serves the purpose very well..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed one night here and were very satisfied. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly and at an affordable price. So it was a very satisfactory option to stay in Vicksburg. We did make the mistake of going into downtown Vicksburg in search of a restaurant - only to find an almost deserted town! There are a couple of restaurants but make sure you know where they are before you go.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

May 27, 2013 I have stayed at a Best Western Hotel in Eureka Springs, ARK for many years and have never had such an ugly experience as I had at the Best Western in Vicksburg, MS. We asked for a rollaway bed. It was sunken in, worn out, no so called 4" mattress, but only the springs that stabbed you in the back and there was a spider in between the sheets. I finally slept in a chair. When I checked out the next morning I approached the manager named Janice about it and (in a nice way) she was the most rude manager I have every delt with. I explained the condition of the mattress and all she could say was I'm sorry you feel that way and kept shoving the bill in front of me to sign. I ask her if she would take the $10.00 off the bill and she said "I'm sorry you feel that way, you need to sign the bill". I finally told her she needed to try sleeping on it and that it belonged in the dumpster. I lost count of how many times she said "I'm sorry you feel that way". She was very unaccommodating and acted like it was coming out of her pocket.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Biloxi, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

When we checked in, the woman at the front desk whose name is "Linda" was cold, staring at us and made it a chore to check us in. When we arrived in the room, we noticed a very sweet "fabreeze" type odor....then we opened the refrigerator and the room was filled with a nasty odor.....the refrigerator was broken. When we used the toilet facilities and the shower, we noticed there was mold on the curtain and around the toilet. After setting the alarm for a morning wake up, it went off 3 hours early. Then after a long day at the Swim Meet, we came back exhausted for refreshing showers, walked in the room and it had not been serviced AT ALL. Linda at the front desk informed us that they do not service a room with ANYTHING on the beds. The stay was the worst experience we have ever had with Best Western.......WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A RELAXING STAY.

Room Tip: Don't stay here ever!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here... found it by accident and loved it. Though the buildings are old, the rooms have been nicely renovated and everythings up to date. My kids really enjoyed the pool, though it was kind of cold. Doors open to outside but we still felt safe in the environment... Price was great and people were nice. Free hot breakfast included: waffles,eggs, biscuits, sausage, hashbrowns and many more. Great choice! Parking lot was well lit too..

• Stayed June 2013
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Checking in was very smooth and quick. The desk clerk even took the time to explain how to turn on the shower in the room. Yes, they are different from the norm. The room was spotless and nicely furnished. I slept real well on the comfy bed. The person working in the breakfast room was extremely helpful and pleasant. Overall, it proved to be a nice place to stay.

Been to BEST WESTERN Vicksburg? Share your experiences!