“Good Solid Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good Solid Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

good steak, good atmosphere, good service-prices were very reasonable-catfish was as one would expect in a Mississippi river town-

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had avoided going to Walnut Hills because it was recommended for tourists--we've found so many tourist restaurants to be lackluster at best. When went there with some friends, we were pleasantly surprised. The drinks were excellent, and the food was delicious. We were there on a Saturday night, and the was live jazz. I am glad that we finally gave them a chance. We will definitely eat here again.

Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“My wife and I overnighted in Vicksburg, MS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Walnut Hills Restaurant and loved everything about this quaint Restuarant that serves up a menu with 35 year old recipes. They say all food is made from scratch and I believe it. I had the salmon - ocean caught - and my wife had catfish. We loved it all - especially the fried green tomatoes with a crawfish sauce. We had the caramel six layer cake for dessert - still warm! Oh and the live blues music was the best as well as Matt who walked us through the menu.

Visited January 2014
“LOVED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went to eat here at the suggestion of one of the local B&B owners. Did not disappoint!!! Loved the atmosphere and the food. Some of the best fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy I've ever had. Plus having the two gentleman singing the blues during dinner made the evening perfection. They play/sing every Fri and Sat night from 6-9. Will def be back.

NOVA
“Not to be missed in Vicksburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went here based on the reviews and the recommendation of the gentleman at the Visitor's Center, and we weren't disappointed. Restaurant is in an old home, which retains much of its original charm. Some of the best fried pickles I have ever had, and my dining partner's greens and red fish almondine also got rave reviews (I had the salmon salad, which was tasty, but not something that is as easily messed up). Too full for dessert, unfortunately, so cannot comment. The service was friendly, and the restaurant has its own parking lot in addition to ample street parking.

Definitely go on a Saturday (or Friday?) night if possible, as there was live blues which was a great addition to dinner.

• Visited January 2014