“Small Museum” 3 of 5 stars

North Little Rock, Arkansas
22 attraction reviews
“Small Museum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stopped at this museum while walking around downtown Vicksburg. My children enjoyed looking at all the trains and the miniature battleground. Because of other reviews, I expected to sit down and watch a video about the Civil War in Vicksburg. But I was disappointed to see it was just playing on the tv in the room with the miniature battleground. There were only a few chairs scattered around the room, and the miniature battleground was right in the middle of it all. Needless to say, we were unable to watch it. I wish it had been put in a separate room with plenty of seating. We did go upstairs to see some more model ships and such, but I was worried about my children getting too close and breaking something. If I had known what to expect, I wouldn't have paid to go in. It wasn't worth the money.

Visited March 2013

Dundee, Scotland
120 attraction reviews
“Interesting enough visit, a bit expensive for what you get though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We has not originally planned this visit but as we were killing time before we could check in to our hotel, we thought why the hell not!
There is so much work gone in to these displays, obviously it will appeal to some people more than others.
You can get around this small museum in probably an hour or less, I would agree with other reviewers that the admission is a little steep for what you get.

Visited May 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
32 attraction reviews
“Many riverboat models”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I found this museum to be a treasure trove of models of many kinds of river craft used on the Mississippi River. The models are all very interesting. There is also a large layout of the Vicksburg Battlefield which clarifies the whole battle and subsequent seige. This museum is definitely worth a visit.

Visited April 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
74 attraction reviews
“Excellent Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to the museum, especially all of the artifacts from the warship and the ship itself. A must see.

Visited April 2013
Indianola, Mississippi
13 attraction reviews
“Got to see the Ironclad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Ironclad exhibit is awesome! The park can take all day to drive through and is just beautiful. However, it is the Ironclad that impressed me most as well as the beautiful brickwork around it. A great day trip for the family.

Visited May 2012

Been to The Old Depot Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Old Depot Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.