“A reasonable HI experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Memphis, TN
“A reasonable HI experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A typical HI Express experience. Front staff is very friendly. Wi fi is fast enough to stream movies without any problem. Pleasantly quiet. Beds ok. Breakfast typical. Would have felt better had the price been about 20.00 less - a bit high for a very average experience.

Perhaps a reasonable oversight, but previous guests food left in refrigerator and opened bottle of water on table.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here with my son on a recent road trip through the South. Fairly typical Hol Inn Express. Good beds, friendly staff and good facilities (eg gym, laundry). Breakfast was adequate but nothing special. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm a frequent sleeper as you can see from all my reviews. Lots of travel in my job and Vicksburg just happens to be a great stop over spot for me. I have two favorites and some not so favorites so go ahead and see my other reviews for Vicksburg. If I'm feeling flush, I stay at the Hampton. Best place and most expensive in Apollo for Vicksburg. If I'm feeling cheap, I stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. GREAT Value. Their price is much lower than the Hampton and the rooms are nice. Plus, the staff is just great and I always leave happy. Ebony at the front desk is fantastic, so I like to come back and say hi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were planning on driving further but when we arrived in Vicksburg, there were tornado warnings for the areas nearby (Monroe/Shreveport) so we stayed the night. Pretty typical HI Express, the front desk clerk was very friendly, I got a reasonable rate with AAA and we moved on the next day. The breakfast was OK but the elevator was out of order so I had to carry luggage down stairs but other than that, it was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean and had everything we needed. We especially enjoyed breakfast, not only because of the quality of the food, but the attentiveness of one of your employees responsible for the breakfast service, Shannon. Shannon greeted everyone as they arrived, frequently asked if we needed anything, and worked very hard, all with a smile.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindon, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is beautiful on the outside and is in a very convenient location right off I-20. It's also right next to an outlet shopping center that has a fabulous Coach Store.
I arrived late in the evening, exhausted after driving 11 hours alone. The parking lot was completely full due to half a dozen vehicles with trailers parking sideways and taking up several spots. Finally I pulled into one of the empty handicapped spots just to check in. The desk clerk was friendly enough but said there wasn't anything he could do about no parking spaces and I'd better not park in the handicapped because I'd get a ticket. He suggested I park back on the street. I was hesitant to do this as a woman alone late at night but there didn't seem to be any other choice. So I parked and walked back to the hotel carrying my bags.
The room was fine, quite average, and not nearly as nice as some HI Express Hotels I've stayed in. It was clean, as was the bathroom. The bed was okay - too flat in some parts and lumpy in others. The pillows were also lumpy. But I slept fine.
Breakfast was good and well attended. There was a nice selection and food was quickly refilled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Everything was alright with the hotel (frequent traveler); however, it really bothered me when the rear door of the place was never closed fully. That would be the door that requires a room key to get in. I told the front desk about it and it was not attended to the next day. I stayed there again at a later date and they still had the issue of the door not closing. I will not be staying there again as I believe their hotel has ill security measures and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear purpleapple7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that your comments about the door have been documented and will be forwarded to the proper departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!