“GrandGulf Nuke Workers” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added ALLQ Hotel to your Saves list
ALLQ Hotel
ALLQ Hotel
1310 Mulbery St., Vicksburg, MS 39180 (Formerly Grand Station Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Mobridge, South Dakota
“GrandGulf Nuke Workers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

i dont know about the rest of all you people that complain about this place, but I personally loved staying there while i was working at GrandGulf Nuke Plant. They were the only big Hotel to open their arms and welcome nuke workers a place to stay at a reasonable weekly rate. I have stayed in alot of places around the country and have not been treated better.The staff knew that we were on the night shift and seen to it we were accomodated, so not to disturb us during the day when we were sleeping. Many times i saw the maids patiently waiting for us to leave for shift before servicing our room. Thank you Grand Station!!!!! I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
bonaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just spend 1 night at this hotel and the reviews are so low that I have to boost it up al little. Ok its not a 5* hotel, but for 59$ per night and right in the center it is great value. Our room, a non smoking king, was supe clean well mainitained. Upon checking we were given free coupons for breakfast buffet. The buffet was above average of hotels (equaly priced) we stayed in! So no it is not special but give the location and price hard to beat! All other hotels are 3 miles away!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SCARBOROUGH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago when it was Horizon and it was great. It is now just about finished due to loss of Casino licence. Booked to stay three nights over Riverfest as the location is spot on but left after two nights.
The rooms are now dated and my first one had no phone or security locks and a AC unit that would not switch off. After complaining I got another room which was clean enough. Found the largest cock roach in the Bathroom luckily it was already dead. Must have been the climb up the AC unit to the 9th floor. Avoid if still open.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Walden, Tenn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This was once a very nice hotel attached to a very low-end casino. The casino recently closed due to a bankruptcy. The hotel remains open but who knows for how long. Staff cuts mean low maintenance performance. Non-smoking rooms smell like an ashtray. The hotel is well located downtown Vicksburg and rooms are large and on a par with mid-priced properties like Holiday Inn and Hampton...but beware. I'd avoid this place until their financial situation becomes clarified.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

They are closed now finally, can only hope some fool doesn't try to open it. With Employee's that do nothing all day but play there football pools small wonder!!!! The supervisors and attendants all stand around not helping any guests but chatting with each other. OH the mold in the rooms, Southern hospitality LOL!

Room Tip: Don't bother..........................................
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This Casino Grandstation sponored a trip special which was cancelled ,because they got a better deal from a company, that they chose to replace us with.Now we where all set to enjoy our weekend after planning this trip for three month for 56 people. I had to get these peoples money for the bus and there rooms ,put a deposit on the bus all set . Four days before we where to arrive they cancelled. And yes i know it was for more money but wasn't told this.but why not honor what you advertise your word should mean something . You diapointed a lot of people who now dont trust you or me who you let down with your promotion and false promises .I dont think i will never do any bussiness with these people again!!!

Room Tip: Make Sure You Know Who Your Dealing With and If They Honor There Specials.
Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
The South
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed at Grand Station one night - that was enough! I arrived early, at 12:30pm, and my room was not ready. Understandable as check-in is at 4pm. When I came back at 4:40pm, the room was still not ready - I was told that housekeeping was in it and it would be "5-10 minutes". 30 minutes later, I was checked in- no apologies for lateness or inconvenience. The hotel smells like cigarette smoke, so do the rooms. The room was ok, though in need of renovation. The bathroom is very small. We did have a nice, 3 window view of the Mississippi River. We had a king end suite; I wouldn't describe it as a suite, more of just a large hotel room. The bed was comfortable. There was a coffee maker & mini-fridge in the room. We ate dinner at the "fine dining" restaurant option, Cairo's. I had the ribeye special, it was forgettable. Good service, though. When I called down the next morning to request a later check-out, I was given one hour extra (1pm instead of noon). The one very positive thing I can say about the hotel is the rate I received was very cheap. But you get what you pay for!!!! The location is downtown in Vicksburg, close to restaurants & shopping. Not far from the battlefield. But there are MANY hotel options available in Vicksburg - choose another hotel, NOT Grand Station!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to ALLQ Hotel? Share your experiences!