“One of the Best Casinos in Vicksburg” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 34 things to do in Vicksburg
Activities: Nightlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
Orlando, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“One of the Best Casinos in Vicksburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Casino was very spacious with many machines to choose from. Located right on the Mississippi River in what resembles an old riverboat. The building was very well kept and was filled with many different machines on 2 floors. It was the largest or close to the largest ones of the 4 right there on the river.

The interior was very clean and was not filled with cigarette smoke. They offer free self serve fountain sodas as well as cocktails server to serve you as you are playing. Very modern and the machine were too. Out of the 4 in that small area this was one of my favorites. The slots were loose and I won a little money so I was happy. The staff was not very friendly and that is really my only complaint other than the poker room was so very small with only 2 tables going on a Saturday night. So if you are looking to play poker, not really a good choice. Slots are their big attraction as well as some craps and blackjack.

There is a blues bar but no entertainment while we were there. That would have been nice I am sure. There is also a restaurant but we did not eat there so I have to opinion on the food. Maybe on my next trip we will try it. The hotel is across the street. The photos on their website look amazing, but we didn’t stay there. This too I may see on my next trip as well.

If you are in Vicksburg and like casinos, you will want to stop by the Ameristar Casino!

Visited January 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for visiting! I’m glad you enjoyed playing in our casino. I’m sorry you had a few complaints. Quality guest service is a top priority for us and we want all of our guests to feel treated with respect. Our Bottleneck Blues Bar does feature live blues on Friday nights and a DJ on Saturday nights. Our Casino Cabaret also features live music each weekend. Hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to check it out. Thanks for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Short but profitable visit + enjoyed the entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited in July and spent 3-4 hours in the casino. I didn't have a player card and did not apply for one. I think that helped me in that I did not feel locked in to any particular machine to run up reward points, and that facilitates hit and run playing. I hardly ever use a player card at any casino at a table game for just that reason. After winning a little bit at the slots I settled in at a penny slot and literally played at a penny a pull. This allowed me to have a great seat to enjoy a terrific R & B Band performing on a Friday night. On top of that I actually won at the penny slot too.
The casino is probably the best in Vicksburg. We made brief tours of a couple others and it looked the best. It's laid out over several floors and has all the requisite tables and slots. It also has a number of free soda dispensing machines well placed throughout the casino.
There were ample parking spaces at the free parking deck.

Visited July 2012
MARION
14 attraction reviews
“Tight machines”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It would have been better if they would loosen the machines up a little bit and serve drinks more often. The buffett is awesome.

Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Casino Buffet is not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The casino has a buffet that is about $16 per person. The food is mediocre institutional quality and includes a high dose of traditional southern comfort food plus pizza, pasta and a salad bar. The desert selections are varied and pretty good. Overall i would not recommend the buffet. There are much better dining options in Vicksburg.

Visited December 2012
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I’m so sorry you were not satisfied with your meal at Heritage Buffet. We want all of our guests to receive a quality dining experience. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along to our food and beverage team. Thank you for visiting and we hope you give us another try.
Central Texas
6 attraction reviews
“The buffet is worth the visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We discovered this Casino/Buffet simply by driving Westbound on Interstate 20. Knowing that most casinos usually have a decent buffet, we decided to stop on our way home during a long drive. The casino is on the Mississippi River and the hotel is across the road, easily accessible by driving, walking or you can take the shuttle which runs every 15 minutes. Since we were in the middle of nowhere, our first priority was to get eat a nice meal and get back on the road. We were fortunate to stop by on a Friday, which is seafood night and although the price increases from $14.95 to $24.95 per person, the all-you-can-eat crab and oysters make the price more tolerable.
The best part of the buffet is the quality of the food. Everything we ate was cooked perfectly and properly seasoned. If you like Southern comfort food, like Collard greens, Red beans and rice and ribs or fried chicken, you will be very pleased with these standards. The Cajun food was also spiced perfectly and better than any we have eaten in any restaurant. If you join the players club and spend a few hours playing the slots or your game of choice, you can use the comped rewards or the earned points to reduce the cost of your meal significantly!
I would recommend this buffet to anyone driving along Interstate 20 and looking for a better than average rest stop and a great meal!