“Very Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Dallas, Texas
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice Hotel. Right off I-10 as you cross the Mississippi River. Just minutes from downtown and the Vicksburg National Military Park.

Bad:
>None

Not So Good:
>No restaurants within walking distance except in the Casinos
>No breakfast available at Hotel

Good:
<Nice, clean, spacious rooms
<Friendly Staff
<Quiet
<Nice Pool
<Easy access to I-10 and most anywhere in Vicksburg

Last Call:
We will definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to just about any type of traveler!

• Stayed July 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We really appreciate your recommendation and are happy to hear you had a nice stay! Although our hotel does not serve breakfast, our restaurant, Bella's Bakery and Cafe, offers breakfast each morning at 7am. Bella's, located at our casino across from our hotel, is just a short shuttle ride away. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you when you return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Double Oak, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel beds are hard. hard mattress and I did not like the pillows. Will not stay here again. What else can I say. Will not stay here on next trip through the area. Room doors do have door closures on them, but doors slam when closing. Very loud when people come in the early hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Den Haag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed 2 nights from 17th untll 19th June 2013. Good place to stay in Vicksburg, overlooking the bridge and rivier from our room on the 5th floor. Nice panoramic view. Room: large "double KIng" room, good bed. Refrigerator: was send on reguest to our room . Free of charge. Buffetdiner at the casino: large variéty of food. Large fresh strawberries with hot chocolat fountain were delicious. Price of buffet included non alcoholic beverages. Will definitely stay again in this hotel. Was worth the price 55 euro (per night) without breakfast.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience and for visiting. I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our buffet. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Ameristar Casino Hotel in Vicksburg. The hotel is just across the street from the casino and has a shuttle back and forth every 15 minutes so so don't need your car. The hotel was great to get on and off the Highway and very near the Visitors Center. Could see the Mississippi River from our room with bardges all day to watch with our binoculars.
he room was very nice. We had 2 double beds on the 3rd floor. We slept well every night. 3 pillows each bed. Enough space in the room. Had in room coffee. A refreigerator was extra but we only stayed 3 nights and didn't need one. There was no restaurant in the hotel but was in the casino. We ate in their buffet the first night and it was okay. The warm chocolate cookies were awesome! Check in & check out went smoothly. Staff was nice.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor (317) could hear the ice machine but really wasn't an inconvience...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I'm glad you had a nice trip, Jasmine! Our warm chocolate cookies do hit the spot. Thanks for sharing your review and for visiting.
Alexandria, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I are not gamblers, however, we've learned in our travels as RVers that casinos are generally bang-up places to get a good meal at a reasonable price. After being checked in at the RV Park by a very nice lady that answered all our questions, we found the Park to be first-class; full hookups, concrete pad, clean, well maintained, in short, a bargain. The shuttle bus was an added bonus.
Arriving at the casino and joining a long line of patrons waiting to enjoy the seafood buffet, I began to have doubts concerning the restaurants ability to serve such a crowd. After a 45 minute wait we were seated and discovered that frog legs and catfish are seafood. Oh sure, there were crab legs, fried frozen shrimp and grilled oysters, but I made my $26 meal on several servings of gumbo, collards and taters. (I eat like this at home, so where is the big deal?) I was disappointed but maybe it was just me because most of those sitting around us were really smacking it down. It was my fault; I should have walked in and looked before buying.
The RV Park gets a 5-Star rating. The seafood buffet gets 1-Star, (I would rate Captain D's 3-Stars). Will I come back? You bet! This is a perfect one-nighter on the way to Dallas, and I love Vicksburg.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review and for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our RV Park, but I apologize for the wait at our buffet. Our seafood buffet includes boiled shrimp, crab legs, oysters on the half shell or grilled to order, fried shrimp, seafood gumbo, shrimp pasta, clam chowder, frog legs, fried catfish, crawfish during season and seafood salad, along with our standard offerings. We look forward to seeing you next time and hope you give our buffet another try.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This park is a great value. It is an older type park but good clean power of 50 or 30 amps. The pull throughs are level and adequate, the wifi adequate, and the cable is very nice with many selections. The casino across the street has a superb buffets with a very reasonable price. This is a great value all the way around.

Room Tip: Call ahead and call early to insure a proper lot. A bus will pick you up and take you to the casino...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I'm glad you had a nice stay at our RV park and enjoyed our casino and buffet. Thanks for sharing your review and for visiting!
Jacksonville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We planned our trip to Biloxi to include staying at Ameristar one night, as it turned out we needed another night at Ameristar a few days late on our return trip home, I called Ameristar and the Hotel Clerk informed me that they were full but she would turn me over to a Slot Host to see if she could help me. As it turned out, the Slot Host gave me a complimentary room for the night , and the room and staff were absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!! We will be making more trips to Ameristar in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so glad we could accommodate you! Thanks for visiting and for sharing your review. We look forward to your return.

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg? Share your experiences!