“Convenient, value for money- separate from Casino” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg to your Saves list
Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4116 Washington Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180   |
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
“Convenient, value for money- separate from Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It's a nice, spacious hotel to spend the night. Great bed , linen, furniture overall. It's a 3 1/2 or 4 star place. Not a flagship like their Blackhawk hotel in Colorado.

Convenient - cheap. You can just as well upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Alabaster, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The entrance to the hotel is very nice, the desk clerks the night we checked in were very nice. Not so with the woman on duty the next morning when we checked out - she was very unfriendly. The room was clean and comfortable with a mini view of the river. The in-room coffee is absolutely terrible. Coffee is something we both enjoy but the in-room stuff is not drinkable. They never told us coffee was available in the lobby. We asked about a place for dinner and was told their casino buffet across the street was voted #1 every year. Don't believe that - it is less than typical casino buffet food. Find another place if you want good food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review; we really value your feedback. I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your visit. We would like to follow up with you. Please feel free to send your contact information and details about your visit to AtYourServiceVI@ameristar.com and we would be more than happy to get in touch with you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

It is always a pleasure for use when we do have the opportunity stay in your establishment. I rate it as hundred. We in joy the casino it has a good a good variety of games it has two of the beat restaurants in Vicksburg the place is always maintained in the highest standards the employees are always helpful when needed thy are very friendly and polite we really enjoy our self's when there

• Stayed February 2013
texas gulf coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

When we drove up to this hotel I already knew we would have a good stay. The over-all appearance of the hotel looked good from the outside with ample parking. The hotel is situated just across the street from the Ameristar casino, and has a grand view of the mighty Mississippi river flowing by. The staff was friendly , with a nice lobby, and in-hotel store with a few items you may need like advil, newspapers, snacks, drinks, etc. The hotel itself is only about a 5 minute drive to old downtown Vicksburg. When I go back, I`ll definately stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review and for visiting, Johnny! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return.
Springdale, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was all set to give this place an excellent until 5:30 AM. I saw a sign in the lobby that said "Complimentary Coffee". I go to the lobby and ask about the coffee and was told that I have a coffee maker in my room. I asked where it was and was told it was in the cabinet below the TV. Now first of all, I don't like to use the coffee makers in the rooms because you don't have any idea what has been put in them. Second, the coffee cups, now you are probably not going to believe this this, are cleaned in the room with the same rage they are wiping everything with. I go back up to the room to make coffee and wash coffee cups. When I run water in them, they start foaming. This lets me know that they had some sort of soap on them. The bag that has the coffee in it has something sticky on it and there are no instructions as to how much water to use. We make the coffee and it is terrible. I end up going down to my car and getting coffee & filters I brought. Later when we go down, They had coffee in the lobby. Why didn't she let me know I was just too early.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I'm sorry for the miscommunication regarding your coffee. We do provide a coffee pot with coffee, creamer, and sugar in the credenza in each room as well as in the lobby. Cleanliness is a top priority for us and I apologize if we fell short in any way. The coffee in the lobby is free for guests and is generally ready between 6-7:30am. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again.
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This RV Park is a part of the greater Ameristar Casino and hotel in Vicksburg. Price is amazing given that it is full hook up. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Shuttle bus is a bonus and its close proximity to everything in Vicksburg makes it the best place to stay.

Park is clean, well appointed and has 24 hour security.

Would recommend this park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thanks for your recommendation! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed two nights at the end of Nov 2012. Rarely have I ever experienced such exceptional service, nor have I stayed in a more comfortable hotel at this very reasonable price point. This hotel may just be my benchmark by which I compare hotels in the future.

I stayed on the top floor in a smoking room. The halls and rooms were very well ventilated and never hazy or overwhelming. Rooms on the 8th floor have much higher ceilings - kinda nice when smokers are usually run out of town or placed in the worst part of the hotel. Thank you, Ameristar, for treating us all equally!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your room and service, and we hope you can visit again!

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg? Share your experiences!