“Bed Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4137 I-20 North Frontage Road, Vicksburg, MS 39183   |
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
“Bed Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed there and it was scary! It was cheap and the location is great - the staff was even friendly, but it was not very attractive in the rooms. When we walked in the room, it smelled funny. My wife said she got bit twice during the night. I killed a bug and it bloodied the sheet. In spite of price, I wouldn't stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Springfield, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had a reservation at the Battlefield scheduled for arrival on June 15th, 2012. We arrived at the hotel at about 11am and wanted to look at the room prior to checking in. The place is a dilapidated dump that should be bulldozed. A housekeeper showed us the room and unbeknownst to us the person at the front desk was checking us in while we were looking at the room. She handed us the keys to the room we looked at, and then left the premises to visit the Vicksburg National Battlefield adjacent to the hotel. At around 6:15pm we received a phone call from a family member about a death in the family. We went immediately to the hotel from the battlefield adjacent to the hotel and told the front desk person we needed to leave and had not used the room and to inspect it if she did not believe us. I spoke with the individual at the desk and told them we would not need the room because of said situation. The individual at the desk told me she could not cancel the room because it was an online reservation and I needed to contact who I booked it with. I informed her I booked the reservation on the hotel’s website and not a third-party company and did not understand as why the room could not be canceled. I was informed to call back on Monday between the hours of 10am and 2pm and speak with a person at the hotel who was in charge of the online reservations and they would be able to take care of the issue. I waited until Monday and called the hotel at approximately 10:03am. I informed the person of the situation and that I was told to call back on Monday to speak to the person in charge of online reservations. The person I spoke to showed no remorse for my situation for one, but also told me that the room had been charged and to get over it. I asked if the person I needed to speak with was available and was again informed to “get over it, you done been charged”. I feel that this charge is unjust and unfair. I did not use the room, no service was given. This was not a circumstance that could have been avoided. I contacted the credit card company that we used to make the reservation and provided them with all the documentation that they needed and explained the situation to them hoping they would be willing to assist their customer. Their dispute department got in touch with Battlefield and they were unwilling to reverse the charge. I believe they are a bunch of heartless individuals just looking to make a quick buck off of unfortunate individuals. This dump is a disgrace to the town of Vicksburg. If you book here after reading ANY of these reviews YOU ARE AN IDIOT. (sorry) This place will only leave the light on for you so you don't see the roaches scatter when flip the light on.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! You would better off sleeping in a cardboard box under an overpass! It would cer...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel charged my credit card after a months cancellation notice. When I called to ask why I was hung up on three times and personal would not give me a name of who I was speaking to.Will not ever stay at this hotel.

Stayed July 2011
Bristol, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Made Reservations In February 2012. When I showed up for room, no reservation in system. I asked to look at room when I was told I would be treated as a walk in, being I supposedly didn't have a reservation, even though I had a confirmation #, nothing in their dysfunctional system. I told receptionist I didn't want to stay there and I better not be charged for a room as a no show if they found my reservation (She didn't even look in the computer but said I definitely would not be charged because I didn't have a reservation). I asked at least three times if I would charged). Guess what happened, the next day I had a one day charge on my credit card.

I'm not through with them yet!

Don't mess with this horrid hotel, windows open, rust showing, paint peeling off and that was at the front of the hotel rooms.

The battle in Vicksburg may be over and now the Battlefield Inn needs to surrender too. My battle with them will continue, I will not surrender.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this horrid place - go down the road to the Holiday Inn Express, Wonderful, Be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bromley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The entrance is the only good/clean/tidy thing about the hotel.The rooms are old ,tatty and musty, nothing works in them. The staff are trying to keep it going before it falls down around their ears. The food in the restaurant is very good, just dont look at the furnishings. Curtains either dusty or washed but not ironed .
They offer free cocktails , which are actually really cheap spirits mixed with either coke or sprite.
If you have to stay there, dont give them a penny until you have checked your room no matter how tired you are.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Inn is poorly managed and it shows. The staff spend much of their time apologizing for problems. Breakfast is served until 9:30, but when I arrived at 9:15 they and closed up and refused to get me the meal that is included in the price. Monday morning I was in time, but the hot breakfast promised consisted to the packages of Little Debbie snacks, some bread and one box of generic sugary cereal. I never found the coffee. The first night (we stayed for three), our room was not cleaned. The mattresses, were very comfortable. Offsetting the problems is the price, but there are other economy facilities in Vicksburg. I will not return. Stay away from the rooms near the bar. They appear to have a very active karaoke clientele.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Conroe, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We like to try unique properties and thought this one sounded interesting. Read several of the reviews, they were mixed, but several recent ones mentioned they were in the process of renovating, so we figured it would be okay--or even better. WRONG! I should have had a clue when I walked into the lobby, which smelled musty and damp and was definitely not in the process of being renovated. As I was checking in-I had booked online through booking.com-I was thinking they should have renovated the lobby first. Well, we had booked a king bed room-were given a room with two double beds, and it was absolutely awful. Now, to be sure, we have stayed in two that were worse, both under similar conditions--we arrived at our destination late and had trouble finding anything. I checked the beds for bugs and finding none, decide to stay in spite of the filthy conditions of the bathtub and carpet. Basically, it was so late and we just didn't have the energy after driving all day to try to find something else. However, my advice: DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Battlefield Inn? Share your experiences!