“Just an OK stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vicksburg
DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel
You added DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel to your Saves list
3990 Washington Street, Vicksburg, MS 39182 (Formerly Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino)   |
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Yorkshire
“Just an OK stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Check in was civliized but no friendliness or warmth from the reception staff. Public areas and lifts were tidy enough. Our room was a very good size and had a balcony overlooking the Mississippi. Godd job we had the balcony as we watched a spectacular storm which we wouldn't have been able to do through the patio doors. The glass was difficult to see through because of trapped condensation between the panes. 3 TV's (older type) including one in the bathroom which was a good size with jacuzzi tub and large shower. We had a comfortable nights sleep and were reassured to see security checking the hallway. The casino - boring - same old , same old machines that did not seem to pay out looking at the faces around us. The lighting in there is appalling and made us both feel quite ill so we did not stay long. Would I stay here again? Probably because of the location - but I would prefer to check out other casino/hotels in the area first.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grenada, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am counting down the days that my husband takes me back. Jacuzzi suite with balcony, beautiful. we couldn't believe that we were able to make a same day reservation. Beautiful, staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: no refrigerator or microwave
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is dirty, the staff is not friendly and the slots are terrible. There are much better locations than this nearby. Avoid this one. I did not stay here at the hotel and would not. But we did eat at the buffet which was over priced and the food was terrible.

• Stayed February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I saw Diamond Jacks ad on the internet. It read $49 room. So I booked the room only to find out that after I had agreed to book the room with my credit card that the charge was really going to be more than $70 with tax and fees. I immediatly cancelled the room only to find out that they were going to keep $9.95 of my money and not return it. They said that was the policy. After talking to agents in India for more than 3 hours on the phone, who worked for Hotel Savings.com, they agreed to return my $9.95, but they said it would take 15 to 20 days for the return to be complete.....
DON'T GO THERE AND DON'T BOOK A ROOM THERE

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Upon arriving the buffet was busy.We had already eaten and decided to wait and get the breakfast buffet the next morning.Which we had a coupon for.Well there was no buffet the next morning.They sold a small breakfast menu in the one table open coffee shop upstairs.I was starved and told hubby that I would grab a couple of sandwhiches to go while he got the car.I was the only one there and the lady behind the small counter totally ignored me for at least 10 mins.I turned around to leave and she asked me what I wanted .I asked for 2 quick sands to go because huuby was waiting for me and she proceded not to cook them I waited for 10 mins more and tokd her to cancel my order and she said oh I will make them now.She took her time again.Good luck if she still works there.The view of the ms.was awesome with a balcony.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Richland, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a room online from the website that was supposed to be a suite with 2 queen beds and an in-room Jacuzzi. When my wife and I got there, we were given a "King mini-suite" with a Jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom. I called the front desk to see if there had been a mistake and they informed me that NONE of the rooms had in-room Jacuzzi's (even though that is what the website indicates and that is where my expectations were set). My wife and I stayed Friday and Saturday night and our stay was a disaster. I have traveled quite a bit in my lifetime and I have stayed at just about every level of hotel. But I've never stayed at a casino hotel that was so disappointing. The air conditioning was broken in our room. It was so uncomfortably warm that we had to open the balcony door on and off all weekend to cool the room. The light above the Jacuzzi (in the bathroom) flashed on and off randomly and often. There was wallpaper peeling in the bathroom next to the shower and toilet with black mold everywhere behind it. The TV was an old Zenith tube-type TV with 11 channels. Now, I'm not a prude. I understand that they want to keep their customers out in the casino, so it makes sense to not have many luxuries in the room. However, this was just unacceptable. The icing on the cake was when we went to check out. As my wife and I were leaving Sunday, the cleaning ladies were doing their job and there was a room 4 doors down from ours with the door open for cleaning. Right there was a king room with an in-room Jacuzzi! We were extremely upset. I'm a very non-confrontational person but when I mentioned all that to the lady at the front desk, I didn't get any satisfaction. I wasn't looking for anything free or even discounted but what I got was indifference and a little frustration from the staff. And at the risk of sounding downright spoiled, we had to ask for a valet at check-in and loaded the luggage cart ourselves and took it up to the room. Then at check-out we had to wait for a valet who brought my vehicle and hopped out saying, "have a nice day". He didn't offer to help with our luggage or anything. Our weekend was a waste of money and a waste of an attempt to have a nice weekend away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
fort smith, ar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Dirty rooms, uncomfortable bed. Went to go to casino rough crowd, we left and went to Ameristar which was awesome as always! Our car battery was dead and no-one at this hotel would help us try to charge it. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!