“NO FOOD..GREAT VIEW.RUDE STAFF” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vicksburg
DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel
3990 Washington Street, Vicksburg, MS 39182 (Formerly Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino)   |
Ranked #15 of 31 hotels in Vicksburg
Springfield, Missouri
“NO FOOD..GREAT VIEW.RUDE STAFF”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Upon arriving the buffet was busy.We had already eaten and decided to wait and get the breakfast buffet the next morning.Which we had a coupon for.Well there was no buffet the next morning.They sold a small breakfast menu in the one table open coffee shop upstairs.I was starved and told hubby that I would grab a couple of sandwhiches to go while he got the car.I was the only one there and the lady behind the small counter totally ignored me for at least 10 mins.I turned around to leave and she asked me what I wanted .I asked for 2 quick sands to go because huuby was waiting for me and she proceded not to cook them I waited for 10 mins more and tokd her to cancel my order and she said oh I will make them now.She took her time again.Good luck if she still works there.The view of the ms.was awesome with a balcony.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richland, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a room online from the website that was supposed to be a suite with 2 queen beds and an in-room Jacuzzi. When my wife and I got there, we were given a "King mini-suite" with a Jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom. I called the front desk to see if there had been a mistake and they informed me that NONE of the rooms had in-room Jacuzzi's (even though that is what the website indicates and that is where my expectations were set). My wife and I stayed Friday and Saturday night and our stay was a disaster. I have traveled quite a bit in my lifetime and I have stayed at just about every level of hotel. But I've never stayed at a casino hotel that was so disappointing. The air conditioning was broken in our room. It was so uncomfortably warm that we had to open the balcony door on and off all weekend to cool the room. The light above the Jacuzzi (in the bathroom) flashed on and off randomly and often. There was wallpaper peeling in the bathroom next to the shower and toilet with black mold everywhere behind it. The TV was an old Zenith tube-type TV with 11 channels. Now, I'm not a prude. I understand that they want to keep their customers out in the casino, so it makes sense to not have many luxuries in the room. However, this was just unacceptable. The icing on the cake was when we went to check out. As my wife and I were leaving Sunday, the cleaning ladies were doing their job and there was a room 4 doors down from ours with the door open for cleaning. Right there was a king room with an in-room Jacuzzi! We were extremely upset. I'm a very non-confrontational person but when I mentioned all that to the lady at the front desk, I didn't get any satisfaction. I wasn't looking for anything free or even discounted but what I got was indifference and a little frustration from the staff. And at the risk of sounding downright spoiled, we had to ask for a valet at check-in and loaded the luggage cart ourselves and took it up to the room. Then at check-out we had to wait for a valet who brought my vehicle and hopped out saying, "have a nice day". He didn't offer to help with our luggage or anything. Our weekend was a waste of money and a waste of an attempt to have a nice weekend away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
fort smith, ar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Dirty rooms, uncomfortable bed. Went to go to casino rough crowd, we left and went to Ameristar which was awesome as always! Our car battery was dead and no-one at this hotel would help us try to charge it. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Texarkana, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Needed somewhere to stay on our way to New Orleans. We booked a king suite with the jacuzzi tub in the room. If you can look past the out dated decor, then it's totally worth it (our room was $65). It had a balcony looking over the river, pool and hot tub. My only complaint was the front desk clerk. She was ugly towards the guest ahead of us. And definitely rude to both me and my husband. The hotel requires a $50 deposit upon check-in. I did not want to put it on our credit card due to the amount of time it takes to credit it back. She yelled at me that I'd "still have to pay it!". I didn't have a problem paying it, I just wanted to pay cash! Ugh, mind your own business rude hotel clerk! All in all worth it!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Owasso, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Friday and Saturday nights are the best times to eat here. Buffet is fresh and seafood choices are great. Plenty of baked, boiled, broiled dishes as well as fried. Always a variety of other meats and veggies. Desserts offer a sugar free selection but there never is much in the way of desserts when compared to AMeristar. Other than that, I recommend. Also the Sunday Buffet is always fresh and great choices. I do like the really inexpensive lunch buffet during the week...especially the Sr. Citizen dirt cheap price starting at age 50! Never have tried the hotel. Casino is no different than the others....win some, you lose some...it's up to you how you play!

Room Tip: Anything rated "average" is because I did not use it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were driving through Vicksburg on our was to Fort Benning for a Army Basic Training Graduation. A Facebook friend on the same trip suggested staying at Diamond Jacks. Yes the room was clean and yes very good service and reasonable rates, However if your not there for the casino its probably not a good place to stop over for the night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
WOODSTOCK, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This casino does NOT pay. You WILL lose money. Buffet REEEEALLY bad!! One machine took my playing slip, message stated it was invalid & spit it out. The slip had $19.67 but gave me back $.07. The machine also told me my card was not valid. So, knowing I was NOT coming back, I was going to play without the card. MANY people on our bus tour had the same problem after our cards were swiped at lunch. Their cards also were invalid!!

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to DiamondJacks Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!