“very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Vicksburg

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Vicksburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Vicksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4127 North Frontage Road, I-20 at Exit #4-B, Vicksburg, MS 39183   |
Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
Meridian, Mississippi
“very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

ive been here at motel 6 for almost two weeks. and I had all kinds of thoughts going on in my mind about where id be staying but you know im glad it was here!! I checked in,in the evening desk clerk very friendly and had everything ready for me my check in went very smooth thanks! get to my room it was very clean.thanks housekeeping dept!!got to have my pets with me without having extra charges on my bill. I will return to motel 6 when passing through again and will recommend to others. thanks motel 6 for making my stay comfortable!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mansfield, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We pulled up and saw 3 scary looking people hanging out in front of the lobby. I was afraid to get out of the car but since we had already booked the reservation, I did not want to be charged. One of those scary people just so happened to be the front desk staff. He was a man with very few words. Never said hello or made eye contact except for when he said 3 things to us: Asked what our reservation was under, if we needed more then one key and have a good night. The lobby was nasty and smelled. When we got in our room, the floor was nasty dirty with stains EVERYWHERE!!! Bathtub was stained and chipped. Water pressure in shower and sink were extremely low. Toilet kept running. Sink was stained, dirty and moldy. All towels were stained!! All of them!! The bed wasn't even made correctly so we had to redo it. When we took off the sheets and the mattress was exposed, there were stains all over. Comforter had either chocolate or an old blood stain. Nasty! No clock in the room either. The website says this location was "refreshed". I have no idea what that means because nothing looked refreshed. Hallways smelled like cigerette smoke. We chose this location because of the price, pets stay free and some reviews. Boy were those previous reviews wrong. We should have booked at the La Quinta down the street. The only good thing about this place is that you get a microwave and fridge. Never again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a perfectly decent Motel 6. I was traveling along I-20 and simply needed a place to sleep for 8 hours. The hotel was quiet, smelled nice, and had amenities above the typical Motel 6. The microwave and refrigerator were an unexpected bonus and the interior corridors were nice. The staff were friendly and efficient both in the evening and the morning.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Room came with refrigerator and microwave. Limited TV channel selection.
Only one 120 volt outlet in the room, accessed by crawling under the desk.
Very low water pressure in the shower.
Beds comfortable, good sleep. Quiet location, follow directions carefully. Window stops can be pulled back to fully open window, so we could unload luggage directly into the room.
Entrance to battlefield park maybe 1000 feet away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

After a long day of slowing driving down the Mississippi delta from Memphis, my wife and i stayed a night in Vicksburg. Value was our main concern as we were just looking for a place to sleep and then get up early to visit the Vicksburg National Military Park (which is right next door).

The motel was perfectly fine, and very reasonable. Recommended.

The Vicksburg National Military Park is a bit dry and for Civil War bufffs only. It is not much more then a lot of grass and trees. But I must admit the preserved battleship exhibit was excellent. A very well done exhibit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

When the Hampton Inn (accross the street) turned us down with our dog, we drove across the street to the Motel 6, all of which of course accept Pets. In addition to saving about $80, we got a good night's sleep. The motel is "refreshed" which essentially means they put new bedspreads on their beds. This is a very good location and for anyone who needs pet friendly lodging, an acceptable choice. Just remember, it is a Motel 6. The free Wi-Fi worked great. The grounds were great for the dog as there was lots of open space and was well maintained.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This Motel 6 was clean and inviting. The black out curtains worked well and there was minimal light around the door to the hall. The beds were very basic as to be expected. Pets staying free and cheap cost overall were what we were looking for. The pool area looked clean and inviting. The grass was a bit long, but the parking lot was well lit. Employee interactions were pleasant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Vicksburg? Share your experiences!