“Not what is used to be...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Vicksburg

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Vicksburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Vicksburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3975 S Frontage Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
Roland, OK
“Not what is used to be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years. It's located just off the interstate and nestled in a quiet dead-end road next to an outlet shopping center. It is also next to a Cracker Barrel and a Chinese Buffet restaurant, which is convenient. If you're interested in the Military Park, it's located just across the interstate from that. However, this hotel is not receiveing the TLC it used to. Our room was not in good repair, the bathroom door wouldn't even close. The shower was not in good shape and the toilet seat was all gritty, as if it were particle board that gotten wet! I understand its hard to stay in budget doing major repairs, but a toilet seat is $10. I can deal with all that though, after all, I'm just there to sleep for a few hours and they always accept my bid on Priceline Name your own price. So, it's still a value. What I'm upset about this trip is the service. We stayed on a Friday night and had the breakfast Saturday morning. It wasn't an extravagent meal, just the basics: cereal, bread, waffle machine, and (microwaveable) biscuit and gravy. The gravy was like milk it was so thin. I seriously thought it was in the process of being made and someone still needed to add the instant gravy powder. The employee was involved in a conversation with the desk clerk and clearly didn't appreciate me interrupting. She came into the breakfast area, stirred the milk and said, "no, that's how it is." I questioned it, and she repeated her conversation ending response and walked away... back to her conversation with the desk clerk. My thought was, If this is the way they are doing things now, I won't be bidding on their hotel in the future. However, we had booked a room going and coming on our trip. We stayed here again 10 days later, on a week night. The staff was much more attentive and friendly and the gravy was thick, like its supposed to be, which only proved the other girl just didn't care to fix the problem. So, now, I'm thinking I just got a bad crew, probably the weekend crew, who is less concerned with how things go. I suppose I will give them another chance when I'm in the area, but they should consider themselves on notice.

Room Tip: bid your own price on Priceline to get a bargain. Otherwise, it won't be a value.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Glenda C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Our staff of Vicksburg, Ms would like to thank you for your business as well as your response. We apologize for the inconveniences you endured during your staff and hope we can provide you with a more clean and comfortable stay in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Entry keys didn't work when we tried them, requiring a trip back to the desk to correct the problem. One on the room's air didn't work. The keys again failed to work again on the next day. The Marriott very close by is a better deal and much better kept. The breakfast is subpar.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
VKSGeneralManager, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with Jameson Inn of Vicksburg. It is important to us that all guests are satisfied once they have checked into the hotel. I understand that it can be a hassle when your room keys do not work properly the first time and when the air conditioner has not cooled your room upon arrive. I can assure you that we will take into consideration the error with the entry keys and air conditioners. We will work to prevent this type of issue from reoccurring. We hope this experience will not prevent you from staying with us in the future.
Ooltewah, Tennessee, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We have family in Vicksburg and had stayed here when we visited before. We had reserved four rooms, three with king beds and one with double beds. When we arrived we were assigned three double beds and one king. One of the rooms had an air conditioner that was broken. It was 91 degrees outside and about 191 degrees inside the room. The ice machine was broken as well as the vending machine. The key cards didn't work on two of the rooms. We were only provided two towels for two people and one of them was dirty. The sink looked like someone had shaved in it and it had not been cleaned. There were biscuits and gravy in the breakfast room but they were ice cold. Both were in appliances that would have kept them hot, but they weren't plugged in.
We spent the day with our family and returned that evening to find that none of the key cards worked. We were told you have to get new ones every day you stay there. ???? There's a Marriott close to the Jameson and it's only $9 more per night so we won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel in order to assist us in areas where we need to make improvements. We do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us; we can assure you that those are not standards of Jameson Inn. We consistently work to provide great service to our guest and to make sure all of their needs are meet upon arrival. We have taken into consideration the errors that occurred during your stay, and have worked to get them all corrected so this will not reoccur. If you are ever in the Vicksburg area, I would like the opportunity to meet with you and have you stay with Jameson Inn of Vicksburg again. Hopefully, you and your family will give us another chance to make your stay more pleasurable.
Lake Providence, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I arrived at the hotel it says on the website has refrigerator and microwave, etc. I arrived my room didn't have a microwave and the lady at the front desk says her manager will be back tomorrow. I went to front desk in the morning now I'm told I have to wait until 3pm oh great another waiting period, I waited around until 3pm and the lady says now they are not sure when I get the room and keep calling down there. I just told her don't worry about it so I noticed the hot water wasn't working asked the lady at the front desk she says everyone taking a shower at the same time is the reason why. That doesn't have anything to do with hot water so she didn't really know much about accommodating. So the next day still no hot water so the guy up front was very helpful and knowledgeable switched us to a room and made sure it worked. So overall I will never use priceline again nor stay at the hotel. The customer service was terrible and the last night there they didn't put towels in the room. Big disappointment the lady says I had to call priceline for a refund after she said "oh gosh" under her breath when she saw me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

My family stayed in three rooms at this hotel, all for about half price thanks to an online discount site. The rooms were very clean and well maintained, and the beds were nice. The pool was open, and the fitness center seemed pleasant, if small. I would have given 5 if the crew had just done their jobs.. even almost right... but they didn't. The front desk girl actually rolled her eyes at a customer, while I was standing there! Two of our rooms had no towels (No towels? No wonder most of the reviews complain about housekeeping!) There were no coffee cups in my room, but there was a complementary lunchable in the mini-fridge (yuck!) It's really too bad that the place isn't run better, it has the potential to be really great! As-is, it's mostly worth the stay at about half price. Oh, and plan to go out for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We do not expect to pass this way again but if your promary interest is in the battlefield site, the Jameson is a very good stopover. Try to give several hours for the battlefield, it is a great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Grayson, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We were garanteed a king size smoking room so naturally when we got there they didnt have it. Finally ended up with a double bed room. There was pubic hair in the bathtub and looked like a feces stain on the spread. The floor in the bathroom hadnt been mopped at all. The cable cord to the TV had been jerked out so didnt have cable. The walls were dirty and killed two roaches when we got there. The internet service would not work. The Hostess downstairs couldnt even refer a taxi service to me.
How this place stays open is beyond me.. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A JAMESON INN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!