“Clean but Needed Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Vidor, Texas
“Clean but Needed Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed one night. The employees were nice and helpful. The view was amazing! Aesthetically, the room wasn't appealing, but it looked like they were renovating some of the rooms next door to us so maybe our room was to be next. The room looked clean. The mattress looked new (I know because I always look for bed bugs) and the water pressure was heavenly. Couldn't find a TV remote in our bedroom. Not a huge deal. Like I said, it wasn't pretty to look at. Cracks in the bathroom wall, mirror was messed up in some places, toilet leaked water, huge hole in the bedspread, the lighting was very dim except by the bed but we had a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV in the suite. Hopefully it will be updated soon. We will come back in hopes of that happening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review about our property. First, I would like to thank you personally for choosing Days Inn & Suites for your lodging accommodations. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced. As you stated in your review, we are in the processing of renovating our hotel so that we can make sure our guest experiences a great stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the view of the Mighty Mississippi River, and we enjoyed having you here and look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Parrish, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were staying in Vicksburg for a week stormchasing and was interested in staying at the Days Inn but were told at the Welcome Center that they did not allow pets (we were travelling with two cats). After checking out several of the motels in the area my husband decided to call Days Inn and was told they had changed their policy and did allow pets although did not advertise the fact. One of the managers was on duty when we checked in and she did give us a good deal for staying a week. We felt the room was a good size although it was a bit worn. My biggest complaint was the breakfast. It was very limited with only boxed cereal or a few pastries. We would arrive at breakfast about halfway between the hours and either the juice was already gone or the cereal was gone. And the front desk staff on duty at that time was not allowed to replenish anything since the supplies were locked in the office which the staff member did not have access to. People had to wait for a manager to arrive which wasn't until 8:30 or 9:00 am. We would probably stay here again because of the location and the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our property. Thank you for staying here at Days Inn & Suites. I am glad that you will give us a second chance and stay here again with us. We strive to make sure our guest is taken care of under all aspects and I would like to personally apologize that our breakfast didn't meet your expectations. When you are in the area again make sure you come and visit us in our newly renovated rooms. Thank you once again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to grab some sleep after a very long day of driving. I found this hotel and it was priced at a really low price for the value I recieved. It is located right next to a Waffle House which I grabbed some dinner. The front desk staff was very nice and professional. Kendra who was working the front desk provided me with very prompt, professional service right away. She made sure everything I needed was taken care of with all my business faxes and even followed up to confirm I had the confirmation. This hotel provides a nice safe place to stay when passing thru the area like I did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of our property. It is very exciting to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will delightfully share with my staff that we have another satisfied guest. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and giving us a chance to provide you with excellent service. If you are ever in the area in the near future I would like to invite you once again for our outstanding customer service. Thank you once again!
Ottawa, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We came into town late and didn't check out the room before we rented it. It was to be a non smoking room. It reeked of cigarette smoke so much that my hair smelled of smoke. I went to the front desk and without expressing an apology, he handed my a bottle of air freshener. There were burn holes in the bedding and carpet. There were cigarette ashes on the carpet next to the night stand. They are redoing some of the rooms and had a middle area blocked off which left us without an escape in case of a fire. Then on top of everything else, the front desk called our room later asking if everything was satisfactory. Really? The worst I've stayed in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time out and writing a review of our property. I want to express my apologies to you for all of your concerns and issues that you experienced here. Our main objective is to make sure that you as a guest feel safe and in a clean environment. We are doing some renovations and I would like to invite you back once they are complete. Once again I send my sincere apologies to you.
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We made a last minute trip, so were travelling without reservation or trip advisor reviews. First impression was the front desk was friendly and efficient. Since the room rate was not low budget but middle of the road - that was the room quality I expected in return. As we parked near our room (away from the front office), I immediately felt uncomfortable to see several doors had been left standing open that night in the rooms under rennovation. Upon entering our nearby room, it was obvious the room was well worn, but would do for just one night. However, once we unpacked and changed into pj's, we found the bathroom floor had some kind of sticky, slippery waxy cleaning product left on it which meant we had to put on shoes to use the restroom the rest of the stay! In addition, the toilet seat, bowl, and tub floor had stains which made them look dirty even if they were cleaned and even the metal kleenex box cover was extremely rusty. If you are considering this motel, the traveller interior room photos posted here are not for this hotel. On the plus side, the view in the morning overlooking the river was as pretty as the website photos show. If the rooms are rennovated, it may be a decent stop but right now I would drive on by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I would personally take the time to thank you for your review of our property. I would like to apologize to you that we fell to meet your expectations. I understand how important it is for you to enjoy a clean comfortable room. Our number one goal is to make sure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest extent here at Days Inn. I have rectified all issues that you might have experienced here. We are currently going through a renovation process and I would like to invite you back once it is completed. Once again I would like to apologize for any of your inconviences.
COLLEGE STATION
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

we have nice memories:

nice view of the mississippi river, and nice room (and nice people at desk, etc.). clean room too. i am sure you don't get any complaints about THAT days inn from anybody.

best regards, lore angele

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your honest review of our property. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed staying with us here at Days Inn. We strive to make sure that we exceeds our guest expectations and it's a thrill that we made your stay comfortable. Thank you once again for staying with us and if you are ever in the area again we would like to invite you once again to stay with us.
MARION
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was not pleased with this room. It was not up to it's usual standards. The floor had gum stuck to it that seemed to have been there for awhile. The night stand drawer was sticky-not sure with what. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. For the extra jacked up price because of New Year's eve they charged-was not worth it. Booking was easy on line and accurate, checking in and out was good.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are better not by stairs or elevators.