“We had an awesome room!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Winnemucca, Nevada
“We had an awesome room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked this motel online the day we were going to get there. Check in was easy, she was very friendly and knowledgeable about things in the area. The hotel does have a wonderful view of the river and the bridge, the pool is beautiful and very clean. I had booked a king bedroom and would have been happy with a queen and I told her so..well, we go to the room she assigned and it was huge! A big king size four poster bed, 2 white leather couches, chairs, huge tv..awesome! The bed was closed to new, the linens nice and crisp! The a/c worked like a charm! The bathroom could have used a little work as the door was rubbing on the floor but again nothing to complain about. Clean! I would suggest a full length mirror somewhere in the room, as only the one over the sink was the only one there, and my wife had to stand on tip toes to see in the mirror to put her make up on.
I would suggest they take a look at their breakfast, we went in and went next door to waffle house for breakfast. The hotel only had a few pieces of white bread, and a few packaged muffins, coffee...I realize this is an inexpensive motel, but a little better breakfast would certainly be an improvement. Again, will we stay here again?? You bet we will.!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on our hotel. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Days Inn. We understand the concerns you had with the bathroom door and I have collaborated with my maintenance team to make sure that will be taken care of before your next stay. Also we added a different variety of breakfast items. We really are ecstatic that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your response, we really appreciate it and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Days Inn and Suites before it was a few years back I was pleased to see that the place had improved dramatically the front desk was knowledgeable about the surrounding area and willing to help with any small detail the rooms were clean and had a fresh smell to it I was pleased to see that everything worked this time , at any rate I would recommend the Days Inn and Suites to my friends and family still love the view thank you

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for giving us your honest review about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and strive to make sure that our guest are very comfortable as well as knowledgable about the area. We are glad to know that we did meet all of your expectations. I welcome you back anytime when you are in the area.
Fort Rucker, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

There are redeeming attributes to this hotel. The staff was nice and they upgraded me from a queen suite to king suite when I arrived. The hotel was very cheap; (I guess I get what I pay for) it was only $50 for a night. This hotel's parking lot also has a very nice view of the river. As for the room, I felt dirty as soon as I walked in. I think it needed to be remodeled 10 years ago. The bedspread looked like it should have been replaced at least 10 years ago as well. It looked like a rat had been chewing on it. The bath tub was filthy as well. The bathroom fan also needs to be replaced. It was extremely loud. The breakfast was also extremely lacking. The bagels tasted like they were a week old. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do stay here don't eat at the Waffle House next door. It'sjust as dirty as the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms so that we can provide the best services for all of our guest. Our main concern is to make sure we provide the best customer service and offer nice, clean, and comfortable rooms. Once again accept our apologies.Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I stay in Vicksburg I always stay at this hotel. Yes it is an older hotel,but the rooms are always clean and the beds are so comfortable. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I always feel at home when I am visiting. The view is excellent and the pool is inviting. The breakfast has a wide variety to choose from. This hotel is close to the casinos and the historical district and is very easy to get to get to.

Room Tip: the end of the hotel has the best view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for writing a response for your great services that you received. We here at Days Inn & Suites strive for all of our guest to have an exceptional stay. We appreciate you and value your comments. It is always a pleasure for us to exceed our guest expectations. We hope to see you again in the future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed at Days Inn and I have to say that this was a very nice place! I enjoyed everything about this place from the staff to the rooms. I had the best riverview ever and I was never lost because everyone was knowledgeable of the area. I really enjoyed my stay and I will return again.

• Stayed August 2012
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for letting us know that you appreciated our services. We are glad that we were able to assist you in finding all the tourist attractions we have here in Vicksburg. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My stay at Days Inn was great despite these other reviews... I actually felt like I was at home bc the service was great my room was clean and most of all I had the most beautiful riverview.. All I can say is that everyone has an opinion of their stay but dont let reviews stop you... Give them a try and I guarantee you that you will have a great stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am so thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. I will let my staff know that they have satisfied another guest. I know that they would enjoy hearing this postive feedback. We will continue to offer and provide great services to all our guest. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place is filthy. The room stinks. There are holes in the bedspreads. The bath tub has black filth in the bottom. There is mold all over the bathroom walls and ceiling. If there were no other place to stay in Vicksburg, I would KEEP going!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your response to our property. We sincerely apologize that you had a few inconveniences here at Days Inn & Suites. We are collaborating with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to resolve all issues. We understand that travel is very important and we strive to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel . We hope you will consider staying with us again should you travel back to Vicksburg in the future .

Been to Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!