“Mother always said....U get what U pay for!” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 Warrenton Rd., Vicksburg, MS 39180   |
Ranked #13 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
aberdeen
“Mother always said....U get what U pay for!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is an old property. In order to get a non-smoking room, we agreed to pay for a "suite". It was indeed a 2 room unit. Starkly furnished, bare walls, 1 old school TV with a remote that didn't match the TV. No TV in bedroom, altho it is wired for it. And I had to go to the desk to ask for a roll of TP..Grrrrrr...A really disappointing experience. I'm 59 years old, I suppose I should have known better...won't happen again...

Room Tip: Avoid this one if at all possible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for your inconviences that you experienced. We do offer non-smoking rooms here at our hotel, but we did not have any available the day of your stay. We have recently furnished our mini suite and added 2 new flat screen televisions. We do our best to provide a quality guest experience and once again we apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will allow us a second chance in the future.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cullman, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is our 2nd time to stay here, We got into Vicksburg at 1130 pm, The lady was very nice at the deck go on the second floor at the end close to the river (only reason to stay here).. The room was old dead bugs all over the bathroom and bugs on wall (already paid could not get money back) on Saturday morning Kelley went to the bathroom and closed the door and behind the door was a used tampon. We wait for someone to clear our room noone came, so they was a worker walking around and I asked him about someone cleaning the room and removing the tampon and he was very rude, he said go ask the desk, go asked the desk. So I went to the desk and the lady said no one was going to clean the room today, I said if that tampon is not removed time we got back I would call someone higher. It was removed and the wall cleaned. On Sunday our room was cleaned from top to bottom.n The first time we stayed here it was alots better (2008). But this hotel has the best view for the river (other that the casnios).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. I apologize that you did not feel comfortable during your stay. Our main objective is to make sure that our guest come first and I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. The GM was made aware of your issue and addressed it with the staff and pest control so that this issue would not happen again. We are currently under new managment and we are striving to provide a quality guest experience at our property including friendly service and a clean room. We sincerely apologize about your experience and I hope if you are ever in the area again, you will give us an opportunity to show you the differences we've made.
madison ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

First off this is a old hotel, and we stayed 2 nights, the property was/is going through some renovating. The people behind the front desk was very helpful and was quick to get anything we requested! The room was very clean, nice amenities. One thing we enjoyed the most was relaxing in the pool overlooking the Mississippi River! Awesome View!!! If you enjoy, nice southern comfort in the best way, then Days Inn is the place to go!! From the Maintenance dept to the Mangers! The people made this hotel a relaxing place. We will be staying here again

Thanks Days Inn

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It is exciting to us to know that we made your stay enjoyable for you. Our staff is highly trained to make sure our guest are number one. We are glad to have not only met your expectations but exceeded them. We hope that we will be seeing you soon in the future.
Jackson, mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I checked in on January 31,2012 and checked out April 24, 2012. My 85 day stay was a business trip, working an outage at the local power plant. The Vicksburg area had an influx of 5000 construction workers for this outage, I was just one person in room 206 at the Days Inn. When I checked in the first thing I noticed was that the refridgerator did not work and the outlets by the refridgerator were loose and the top side did not work and the top side of the outlet by the beds did not work and was loose and intermitant about working, a clear violation of the electrical code (a potential fire hazard). The second thing I noticed was the mold spot on the carpet under the sink an obvious lack of maintenance and housekeeping. The third thing I noticed was the smoke detector did not have a battery in it and never did the whole time I was there. I told the front desk about the refridgerator and they wrote it down in a notebook for the manager. 14 days later they replaced the fridge and microwave with brand new ones. The mold issue was due to a leaking fauset that I notified the front desk abuot 4 times. Each time they said they would notify maintenance about it. It was still leaking when I left 85 days later. You can not get rid of mold unless you fix the water issue.
When I started working night shift they quit changing out towels in my room. 2 weeks later every room at the Days Inn had a note on the door asking us to choose a time period in the afternoon when we wanted housekeeping to service our rooms. The hotel changed the cleaning service hours to accomodate the night shift working guest. From the peope I talked to we all appreciated the effort the management took on our behalf.
The free breakfast included Kellogs cereal and milk, packaged pasteries, instant oatmeal or grits, fresh fruit, coffee and Orange juice or apple juice. After staying there long enough I learned where they kept the supplies and had to refill the main counter myself when they ran out of breakfast products. Usually on the weekends they were out of Orange juice, which by the way was very good tasting. I did notice that the local homeless man would just walk into the lobby load his pockets up with food and walk out and the front desk person just ignored him.
I will give credit to the front desk staff. Everyone there was warm friendly and very attentive to our comments and always writting them down in a notebook and reading it back to us what they wrote down. I watched and overheard several guest complain about the rooms being unkept, dirty and moldy and some smelling like ashtrays. I heard comments like these 2 or 3 times a week usually from guest who stayed in the higher room numbers.
The one thing I will warn future guest about is the Waffel House resturaunt across the parking lot. STAY AWAY from it. I know it has nothing to do with the Days Inn but it shares the same parking lot. Yes it is a convienence but I am telling you that that place is the WORST place to eat. I ate there 4 times and the food was less than appealing if not burnt. They were always out of some type of meat product when I went. I heard the same story from others who stayed at the Days Inn and ate there. I began eating at a different Waffel House a mile away and witnessed the Warrenton Rd Waffel House employees eating at that other Waffel House. So heed my warnings about the Waffel House at the Days Inn.
The reason I checked out of the Days Inn was because I gave the front desk my Wyndom Rewards card number twice to have my account credited with reward points and to date I have not been credited with anything. I have emailed the Wyndom Customer Service department 3 times and have not heard back from them in over 2 weeks. They claim to respond to emails in 3-5 days and 14 days later I have not heard back from them yet.
I did not hate my stay at the Days Inn Vicksburg but I have seen better maintained hotels.
I would be glad to hear back from the management about my reward points.
Shawn Swift
Jackson, MO

Room Tip: It seemed the lower number rooms were renovated before the higher number rooms. I never heard compl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We want you to know your satisfaction is very important to us. We are under new management and we have recently implemented some big changes here at Days Inn & Suites. I would like you to know that our maintenance staff have rectified all issues that occurred during your stay. Also I am sorry that our breakfast options did not meet your expectations. I have personally made sure that all your Wyndham points have been credited to your account for your entire stay. I really appreciate your feedback and strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations for our guests. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Garfield, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This place is a dive. Filthy bathtub. We had a supposed non smoking room and it stunk like stale smoke. Wonder what a smoking room smells like. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stay in the Vicksburg very often and had quit staying at the Days Inn due to its poor condition. I decided to give them another chance after hearing of a management change. The rooms have been totally renovated. The TVs actually have good reception now and all appliances seem to work. The office staff is wonderful and always take care of any issues that arise. Congrats to the new Manager and her staff. They have done a wonderful job. I recommend the Days Inn to my friends and family and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Vicksburg.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

When we checked in, the lady at the counter went out of her way to give us a room that gave us a view of the Mississippi River. It was also located at the far end of the motel away from traffic. It appears as if the motel is undergoing some major renovation which is long overdue. Our room was clean and we were comfortable during our stay, but others staying here may not be so lucky. We did not see any roaches as other reviews have suggested, but there were lots of crickets outside - a very natural situation for Mississippi and not one that bothered us in any way. If the updating is successful, this could be a very nice property. The important thing for us was that we rested well and were on our way the next morning as planned.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!