“Do not book online!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverwalk Casino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vicksburg
Riverwalk Casino Hotel
Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
Hendersonville, TN
“Do not book online!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As we were traveling, I booked this hotel through their online website. I booked a king nonsmoking room. I even received an email confirmation. Upon check in was informed that the front desk has no access to the online reservation system. They only had 2 rooms left. Thankfully they did still have a non smoking room but it was 2 queen beds. Why have an online system that does not work? That is truly the owners fault and I really felt sorry for the nice front desk employee. The feature needs to be disconnected and repaired.
Other than the reservation mess, I really like the hotel room. It was big and spacious. Casino had typical smoke haze but room on 4th floor was fine. Casino floor was fun.
My advice-call for reservations do not book online!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ipswich, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading other reviews, we decided to stay at this inexpensive hotel directly on the river. Room was adequate, although a bit beaten-up. Clean and sort of stylish. For the price, it was ok. We ate at the buffet very inexpensively.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 2nd floor - you can definitely smell cigarette smoke from casino on firs...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lake Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had to stay in Vicksburg on call and stayed here at Riverwalk. Could not have gotten a better place to stay. Although the casino is on the first floor of the hotel it was no smoke smells it was extremely quiet and on top of that it was a great view of the river. I will definitely be staying there again there is no doubt. Think I have found my place to stay everytime I am on call.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Natchez, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I had gone to Rocky's for dinner while in town. We travel a lot, and wanted real food, that was close to our hotel. For the money, the food was not up to my standards. One of the appetizers we ordered was no more than chopped tomato with basil, served with hard cold bread. The steak I ordered was more fat than meat, and my husbands fish was extremely salty. We were expecting much better. We were going to try desert, but changed our mind. The server never asked how it was as she cleared the full plates. It was not a good experience. However, the casino is very clean, and other than the Rocky's we had a great time. We will be back in Vicksburg next week and plan to visit the casino again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for one night while traveling and was pleasantly surprised by value and amenities, the room was large, clean and well appointed. I loved the chaise in the room instead of sofa. WiFi was free and easy to use. Only negative for me was bed. It was ok but a bit hard. I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We worried about staying here because casinos are smoky. There was no smoke smell anywhere in the hotel part. The large room ~ awesome with a king bed , a lounging couch, a view of the river and the best towels . The towels were nice super fluffy and plenty of them. They had really nice touches such as the bar soap was really nice and complimentary bottles of water. The lady who checked us in was as sweet as could be. She checked us in before check in time. They have 24 hour security in the parking lot. The price was super too. Our only concern was we didn't notice the third layer of curtains that block out the light. We would go out of our way to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
port gibson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I live an hour away from Vicksburg.
I love the food in the Buffet, but have experienced the following on one or more visits.
Eating alone, I waited 15 minutes before my beverage arrived. My waiter (male) came back 30 minutes later to see if everything was ok. I guess the table with 10 people would leave him a better tip .
I was disappointed, because I like eating at the buffet.

In the Casino, tell your Slot Techs and your other employees in regular clothes (men and women) not to stand behind me talking , giggling and pointing. It makes me nervous and uncomfortable.
Also, your janitors often stand behind you looking, staring when you are playing. I don't need them
in my business when I am playing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riverwalk Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!