“A nice surprise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverwalk Casino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vicksburg
Riverwalk Casino Hotel
1046 Warrenton Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180-5994   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Vicksburg
“A nice surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for one night while traveling and was pleasantly surprised by value and amenities, the room was large, clean and well appointed. I loved the chaise in the room instead of sofa. WiFi was free and easy to use. Only negative for me was bed. It was ok but a bit hard. I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We worried about staying here because casinos are smoky. There was no smoke smell anywhere in the hotel part. The large room ~ awesome with a king bed , a lounging couch, a view of the river and the best towels . The towels were nice super fluffy and plenty of them. They had really nice touches such as the bar soap was really nice and complimentary bottles of water. The lady who checked us in was as sweet as could be. She checked us in before check in time. They have 24 hour security in the parking lot. The price was super too. Our only concern was we didn't notice the third layer of curtains that block out the light. We would go out of our way to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
port gibson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I live an hour away from Vicksburg.
I love the food in the Buffet, but have experienced the following on one or more visits.
Eating alone, I waited 15 minutes before my beverage arrived. My waiter (male) came back 30 minutes later to see if everything was ok. I guess the table with 10 people would leave him a better tip .
I was disappointed, because I like eating at the buffet.

In the Casino, tell your Slot Techs and your other employees in regular clothes (men and women) not to stand behind me talking , giggling and pointing. It makes me nervous and uncomfortable.
Also, your janitors often stand behind you looking, staring when you are playing. I don't need them
in my business when I am playing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This casino was my favorite of the four that I visited.

Upon driving down the driveway it has a great view of the Mississippi River. The building on the outside was maintained well.

When we entered there was a display for the football playoffs, it was cute. Decorated with football décor which included prizes of a TV and 2 recliner chairs, it looked like a living room for game day! The hotel registration in right up front and easy to find if you are staying here. We did not stay at the hotel, but I am looking forward to in the future.

The casino is not very large but is not as small as the Lady Luck was. The other two casinos are much much larger but the machines HERE are by far the best. There were a large variety of games and the majority of them were very modern ones. They also were pretty loose.

The entire place was clean and updated. The staff was friendly and helpful. In the middle were table games such as roulette and black jack.

We did not eat at this casino, but I wish I had. The have a self serve fountain soda area which is nice. There are plenty of cocktail servers for when you are playing or want alcohol. Or sit at the bar and play on the built in machines while you watch TV. There were lots of TV’s around the casino so we could enjoy the game too.

The only thing negative I can say other than it’s a little small for a casino is that they don’t give you anything for signing up for their players card. You have to earn points to get any prizes.

I look forward to my next visit to this casino and if you are in the area stop by!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We traveled to Vicksburg to tour the military park and planned to stay one night at one of the local casino/hotels. After reading the reviews, we decided to stay at the Riverwalk. We were not disappointed. The ladies at the desk were very friendly. I was pleased to get a nice river view room. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.....plus, it was very quiet. I especially liked the curtains which kept the morning light out. In fact, we overslept the next morning. There were more friendly people in the casino. We decided to join the Players Club in case we ever came that way again. We were given a coupon book that had $5 coupon for the buffet and $10 coupon for the room. We enjoyed the casino.....there was a good selection of machines. We decided to eat dinner at the buffet. It being a Sunday buffet, there was breakfast food all day. We didn't want breakfast food, although it all looked delicious. So, there weren't many meats to choose from; more casseroles.
It was an okay meal, kind of expensive though, but we had $5 off coupons. We especially loved the apple dumplings with some vanilla ice cream added....yummy!
An observation: security vehicles circled through the parking lot at all hours of the day and night.
A note: this casino/hotel needs to improve their website.
If we ever come back this way again, we will definitely stay here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We finally stayed here on our last trip down south. The casino we have been in before, but we have not stayed in the hotel yet. We got a room facing north, but the view would be good anywhere. The hallways are nice and wide, and the rooms are clean. Bed was nice and firm, the shower and bath good.Only the toliet was a bit annoying as it would run for a long time but overall didn't ruin our trip. Would stay anytime, was very quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I am not a fan of casino hotels, but we stayed here because friends picked it. I was very pleasantly surprised. First, the person checking us in couldn't have been nicer. The room was clean and very spacious. It was very nicely decorated. My only complaints - the bed was fairly hard which I found somewhat uncomfortable. The Other thing the room had a slight smell of smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room (I'm sure it wafts up from the casino). Bathroom was nice and lots of hot water. The towels were a little worn but everything was very clean.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Riverwalk Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!