“Disgusting / Filthy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Disgusting / Filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent my American Express travel points to stay in this pigsty, plus paid for a nonrefundable night as well. When we checked in our room smelled, the carpet hadnt been vacuumed, the bathroom floor hadn't seen a mop in days, the bathroom door was so disgusting I didn't want to touch it and the toilet rocked off the floor every time someone sat down. This room made me cry, literally. This was supposed to be a perfect end to our week-long vacation, but instead it made me want to get in the car and continue on 4 hours home. We returned to the car to find more suitable accommodations. I wasted all of my AMEX points and some cash out of pocket but at least I didn't want to cry every time I walked into my room.

• Stayed July 2013
Niki B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
MauiPigFarmer- Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. Your opinion is very important to us and we use each critique as a tool to better our quality and service. I sincerely apologize for any and all inconveniences you dealt with while you stayed with us.
Rest assured, I have spoken with our management and the situation will be taken care of. I hope you will give Candlewood Suites another try if you are ever passing through.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Meridian, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The hallways leading to our room smelled terrible. The room itself was clean, but it was very loud. Not from anything outside. I'm guessing from air conditioner. Very loud. The pool and hot tub were nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Niki B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Titanman24- Thank you for letting us know about your stay here at the Candlewood Suites. I apologize that your stay with us was not what you expected. I thank you for selecting our hotel and I apologize for any inconveniences you may have had. Our guests' satsifaction is our main priority and we will take care of the comments in order to improve the quality of our hotel. I hope when you are in the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Cordova, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is my review of this Candlewood. There was two hotel personnel behind the counter; one was waiting on customers and issuing rooms while the other one just stood there and watched. Now I don't know why but when she decided to help the next person in line she politely ask. But when the costumer walked away she was not issue a room. when she finally ask me after staring at me for a while and she did politely ask; "may I help you". I approach the counter and asked for a room with a double bed. Well she tells that she can't help me with that the other person will have to help me. This is the beginning of poor customer service. Don't ask to help a customer that want to purchase a room for the night and you can't give them any assistance at all. Now the next poor service is the charge of the room rate. I did ask for military rate. I was charge the rate of $99 + taxes. I thought this was the military rate until I found out that the military rate is $77. Now, i called and asked and a manager told that the $77 is a per diem rate and the government CC would have to be used. It does not state per diem anywhere on the website. Now I have stayed at many hotel and all I have to do is show my military ID and I would receive the military discount rate. If this is correct I think the website should state that government CC will have to be provided in order to get the military discount rate. If not then the show of the military ID should be enough. I was not happy! But the room was an excellent room, the pool, the exercise room, and the free movies check-out are great. They don't have breakfast for you but they do have free washer and dryer. Now I would stay there again but If as a military personnel if it state a military rate for military personnel let us have it. This really shows that we are appreciate in the US whereever we go and spend money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Niki B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Isadore D.- Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I apologize that your experience was not what you hoped for. We appreciate you staying with us and giving us feedback on your stay. Rest assured, we have addressed the issues with the front desk staff as well as the rate change. I hope you will come back to Candlewood Suites whenever you are in the Vicksburg area.
Fort Knox, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, it was late and I was tired. We walked up to the front desk and Jessica greeted us with a smile and by name. So Im assuming we were the last to check in lol. She had our keys ready so the check in was quick like I needed it to be but in the short time of check in she informed us of everything we needed to know. VERY PROFESSIONAL!!! We made it to our room...WOW!! The room had a relaxing and comfortable sense about it. I really did not expected to have a full kitchen in the room. And since I would rather cook than eat out this was a major plus for this hotel. The beds slept great and the sheets were very fresh. The kids really enjoyed the HEATED INDOOR POOL!! All smiles for them. We have never stayed at a Candlewood before actually had never heard of Candlewood but Candlewood Suites of Vicksburg MS has put the brand on the map for my family and me. I also will be informing my boss of this hotel.

Room Tip: I would assume any room would be good. We stayed in room 315
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Horseshoe Bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My 5 recognizes that this is a traveler's hotel and not a high end resort hotel. That said, I have to say drinking my AM coffee from a real cup, having an ice maker in the room along with a good recliner and a DVD player for my movies makes even a one night stay more comfortable. The staff here is particularly friendly and helpful. Excellent stopover, and the price is right.

Room Tip: The back seems very quiet with no road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Staff is nice, friendly and helpful. Lots of towels is a plus. Free laundry (buy your own soap) pool, snacks for sale. The rooms are clean and the linens are a little more upscale than the usual. Really great place!

• Stayed March 2013
Dothan, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have traveled to this area on business 5 times over the past month. Each time, I am greeted with a heart-felt welcome and addressed by my name after the first visit. Amy, at the front desk always has a smile and is very accommodating - from her service to my room assignments, to restaurant recommendations, to checking maps as to my next location, or even just chatting about the local shopping. The room was very roomy, and served my travel needs. Towels were plentiful, and the room was quiet and wake up calls were on time each morning - that's huge to me! Oh yeah, they were more than welcome to honor my company's corporate rate and acknowledged me as a Priority Club Member. I can overlook some small things when the big picture is outstanding - thanks for making a difference!

Room Tip: Double Queen Rooms are my favorite - complete with spacious flooring, teakwood curved desk, and recl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!