“Good, but needs some electrical work.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Good, but needs some electrical work.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is really quite a nice motel, with clean, well-furnished rooms and a friendly staff . . . . and a decent, if not marvelous, enclosed pool. The one problem we had was with their electrical system -- we kept blowing a breaker in our breaker box (each room has their own), and we weren't using any 'heavy' appliances . . . . no hair driers, no curling irons, nothing that should stress the system. But we had to have the maintenance guy down 2 or 3 times while were were there, and there were times when he was off-site, so we had to wait a while 'til he got back.

I'd go back -- but I'd try to pick a different room and cross my fingers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We came with my family and for business so we needed a place that was good for extended stay and included a kitchen. Generally, it was a good place. However, it was not clean. My 1.5 year old who was still crawling got filthy and I ended up cleaning the linoleum floor myself while we were there. After that, I cleaned everything my baby touched that I could. Additionally, it is visibly poor construction inside and has been quickly constructed. This hotel will be falling apart and soon. Made me wonder if the structure had been slapped together as ill as the inside. Stay there if you must but I cannot whole heartedly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear purpleapple7,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the property. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to the Housekeeping Department. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vicksburg, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you are staying in Vicksburg for work or extended stay, one week in this hotel is enough. Poor housekeeping and poor waste disposal in hallways. Front desk staff are friendly. Try The Valley for anything longer than a week.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Higham Ferrers, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We booked Candlewood Suites not realising that we'd booked 'Suites' - drrr. We were travelling using hotels offering breakfast, so this was somewhat unexpected. That said, the room was large enough for our needs, well appointed, full service kitchen. Front of house staff were very helpful and we'd recommend this hotel. No problem using this chain again - next time we'll know to provide our own breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I recently visited Vicksburg for Spring Break, we stayed for 5 days. When we checked in, our information and room key was waiting on us and all I had to do is show ID, credit card and sign. The room was very clean! The beds were very comfortable. The pool is in a separate building directly outside of the back door which we loved because the kids did not have to be quiet, they could enjoy themselves. The service was great, anything I asked for was given to us with a smile. My FAVORITE thing about our stay was that there was not people in our room at all. Housekeeping has a daily or weekly service. This means that I did not have to worry about some one going through my belongings. We absloutely had a fabolous stay and will use Candlewoods Suites again anytime.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
whit89
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight so that we could do a little casino play together. Everything here was great from location, check in to check out. The hotel is right off the I-20 exit, next door to walgreens, with a central location. Alex was very friendly at the desk and made me feel very welcomed! Our room was stocked with a full size refrigerator, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, and the necessities for cooking/ eating. Free popcorn in the microwave, complimentary free sodas. The mattress was a Sealy posturepedic- slept great! This hotel is new and everything is very clean. Pets are welcome, which was a must for us with our puppy! If we ever go to another location with a Candlewood suites-- that is where we will be staying!! :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Mesquite, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I've stayed here in the past when it was brand new. I normally stay just one night while traveling from Texas to Florida. On the positive side... clean room, comfortable bed and staff was great... even the housekeeping staff. On the negative side.. only one phone out of the two worked. High speed Wi-Fi is a joke. Only got 1/2 of a bar and kept loosing internet access. Another biggie was that the door lever really needs to be checked into. I entered the room just fine but when I got ready to leave the door would not open. I had to call the front desk for help to get out! The dead bolt wasn't engaged so I had no idea why it wouldn't open. Found out, by myself, that the little knob that engages the dead bolt has to be perfectly vertical and it was kinda loose so you really had to play around with it. When I tried getting back into the room again I couldn't. Housekeeping was nearby and she had to help me and even then we both had a hard time getting the door to unlock & open. The light would flash 'green' but the lever to open the door would not work.
I had to report these issues when checking out so hope the next person that stays in this room doesn't have the same problems I had. If a fire broke out god help us.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!