“Staff very nice, friendly” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Vicksburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4160 South Frontage Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180   |
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Cypress, Texas
“Staff very nice, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here enroute to Atlanta. Room clean and neat. Staff very friendly and nice.
They even had doggy treats for our chihuahua who travels with us.
We had called ahead to reserve a room for that night. They were waiting with the room in the location we had requested.

La Quinta room rates seem to vary a lot from one of their locations to another. I assume it depends on the local competition in that city.

Would definitely stay in the Vicksburg location again when passing through.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leslie M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank for choosing Laquinta for your night of rest.We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am glad you were able to take part of the breakfast before leaving on to your travels. We hope to see you again soon.

Leslie Madison, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Everything about this hotel is good. The personnel are friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The breakfast is varied and plentiful. The location is close to I-20, but is not that easy to get to. Some additional signage indicating directions to the hotel would be helpful when traveling west on I-20. Returning to thr interstate is very easy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experenice. Your satisfaction and continued trust in LaQuinta are our prioroties. We hope to see you again soon.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a companion review to the Holiday Inn Express located next door, which was so lacking, we checked out after our first night and moved to this LaQuinta.

Staff

Very friendly. I spoke with Linda at the front desk on the phone and in person and she was very helpful. The other ladies around were all very friendly, saying "welcome" and "have a nice day" as we passed through the lobby. They had run out of apples at the end of breakfast and the staff gladly went back into the kitchen to get us two, even though the woman was cleaning and we were interrupting her task.

Rooms

From a plaque on the wall in the lobby, I believe this hotel was built in 2008. That means everything is newer and attractive. I was surprised at how large a standard room was. The bathroom was surprisingly roomy and had a very large vanity (perfect, ladies, for dumping all your stuff out of your toiletry bags when you can't find where you packed it!). The beds were very comfortable - newer style with a comfortable pillow top, nice pillows, and a duvet system. In contrast to the snowy picture at the Holiday Inn, the cable tv here was clear and included a channel guide on the nightstand. In short, these rooms were exactly what you expect at this price point.

Breakfast

Starting my day with a healthy breakfast is important to me, and the LaQuinta had healthier options than the Holiday Inn. LQ had fresh fruit available, decent eggs, and good cereal options that weren't all sugar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leslie M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback on your stay. Thank you choosing LaQuinta Inn & Suites. It is our goal to provide a postive experience each time you stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Youngsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was a very pleasant experience. Breakfast was great. Staff was very helpful. Location was great. Wish there was a temperature control on the spa. Location was awesome. Housekeeping should be instructed not to smoke in guests room while cleaning.

reidcd@cox.net

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Leslie M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at LaQuinta. We look to provide you with exceptional sevice with each visit.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a very good place to stay. It is seemingly brand new. The staff was excellent. I became ill and they really aided my wife. The beds were great and the rooms very comfortable. I would recommend this as a fine place to stay and it was a good value. They served a good breakfast and a late afternoon snack.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. LaQuinta strives to create memorable moments with our guest. we hope to see you again on a return visit.

Sincerly,

Ben Wheeler, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This La Quinta is a great place to stay. We have a small dog and this inn is very large and clean. Breakfast is great and price is also great. This was our second time to stay and we will stay again. All furnishing are newer with wonderful beds. The only complaint was the pillows. They were two fluffy for myself and my husband but still very nice. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The employees seemed happy to work with you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leslie M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We asppreciate you taking the time to tell us about you stay. You satisfaction are our top pririties. We hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Mid-March and had a terrible and horrific stay. Good luck being able to sleep. I do not understand why a hotel that charges as much as this one does will not provide you with an adequate pillow that allows the customer to fall asleep. Customers deserve more than the small and hard pillows that are provided. Also, the linens are so heavy it takes great effort to move once you are underneath the covers. Second, the breakfast is a major disappointment. It is available from 6-9 am (get up early). However, they apparently do not believe in re-filling the selections. At 8:17, I informed the wait staff that they were out of waffle batter. I was greeted with a shrug and a reply of "sorry". No attempt was made to bring out more batter. Nice service, yes?
What really ruined my visit was that I did eat the breakfast sausage that was undercooked/improperly warmed. As a result, I got a horrendous case of diarrhea and vomiting. Evidently, I am not allowed to use the f.p. term but I certainly had all the symptoms from eating the bad food at this breakfast. I spent hours in the bathroom and lost a day of sight-seeing.
I sent a complaint about this experience to LaQuinta and I received an email from the hotel manager. There was an apology that my experience was not good and then a cheery remark that they hope I will soon be staying with them again. Are you serious? NOT A CHANCE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Liked I stated as before, we are truly sorry your stay was so bad. The breakfast host did say she was sorry and proceeded to making more waffle mix. The sauage is fulley cooked, all the hostess have to do is heat them. We could have given you a different pillow had we known, but unless you let us know, we can not solve the problem. Once again I do apology for your bad stay.

Leslie Madison, GM

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Vicksburg? Share your experiences!