“bad experince” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
New Orleans, Louisiana
“bad experince”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

we chose this hotel due to its location, upon arrival the room was very hot since they did not turn the AC on, in addition the toilet seat was loose, the tub drain was clogged, the shower curtains were very dirty, the room was not clean and all furniture is out dated also the room needed some paint.
Overall I will not go back nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great location. Walk to the courthouse, etc. It does look shabby from the outside, but i found no dead bugs, nor had no problems w/ fleas. Quiet and nowhere else except the Casino to stay downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

This hotel has a great location downtown in Vicksburg, and the staff seemed really nice. The problem was the room. Dirty with a funny smell and the air conditioner would not cool the room. There was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain and the floor of the shower was black. Very shabby. Lights would not work. Flea bites. A curtain was open in a room near ours and it was totally trashed. We got a bad vibe, chose not to stay, and left to find a nicer place. We couldnt even stay the night. A real letdown. It upset us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed here because it was downtown near the Mississippi River. The hotel room was extremely dirty: small, dead roaches on the floor of the bathroom, live roaches in same. We also found a live roach crawling around near our beds. The bathtub had mold around the caulking and there was a hole in the ceiling. The fire alarm had been ripped out as well. The vending machine has snacks AND condoms. Besides us there was only one other person staying there and now I know why. This is an 85 room "no tell motel" at best. Filthy, disgusting. I can't believe I paid $65 for this. Would have gone elsewhere, but have a limited budget and couldn't afford to get another hotel. We stuck it out, barely sleeping and got the heck out before dawn.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed at Relax Inn while I was doing a solo road-trip up Highway 61 from New Orleans to Memphis. I picked it because it was centrally located in Downtown Vicksburg -- a good mid-point where I assumed there would be stuff to do. The place was okay for just one night, but I wasn't impressed.

My room door wasn't very secure, but I let it slide because the hotel was practically empty ... so I didn't see why anyone would break into my room. One of the wall paintings in my room had been stolen by a guest, and the bathroom was marginally clean. Like I said, all I needed was a mediocre place to crash for the night ... and it fit the bill, but I'm not fond of it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Relax Inn Downtown Vicksburg? Share your experiences!