“Great for the money, but not perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Vicksburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Vicksburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Vicksburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Cypress Centre Blvd, Vicksburg, MS 39180 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Sydney
“Great for the money, but not perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Sure this is a newish hotel and its clean, but they could do with sending the maintenance teams round to check the rooms as there were a few small issues that could be cleared up like screws backed out of the shower control plate and other niggles.

One interesting thing is that the toilets flush like those on an aircraft, with a vast amount of air blasting through the unit. They do flush and fill fast so whilst its not quiet as such, other people using their toilets didnt affect our sleep.

The hotel is located in an easy to get to spot and offers easy parking, its hard to go wrong with this one for the price and I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vicksburg, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Five15,
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Our team always makes the guest experience a top priority, the rooms are on a preventive maintenance and are inspected daily to assure our guest experience will meet or exceed the expectations, please let me know if I can assist you on your next visit to Vicksburg, you can reach me at 601.630.4240 ext. 503.
At your service,
Miguel Arana,
General manager
Holiday Inn Vicksburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
welling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is not in a great location as it's a way outside Vicksburg but it is new, clean and very comfortable. Food is good too. Bar area could be bigger, nowhere to actually sit after a meal and the bar closed at 9pm! Not sure why there's a microwave in the room when you can't buy anything there to put in it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hammeretteWelling,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Vicksburg, All of the compliments are deeply appreciated. We are very proud of the renovations and basically new facility we have here as well as the restaurant, bar and lounge. We have worked out all of the glitches you mentioned in your review. We work diligently at accommodating our valued guest.
Thank you once again for your feedback as it will only assist us in improving our services for our guest,
at your service,
Miguel Arana,
general manager,
Mountain View, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn in Vicksburg on our way to the beaches of Florida this past May. The hotel is a new hotel and is very nice. The service was very good at the front desk and at breakfast the next morning.

Our breakfast was included because we are Priority Club members. It was a very good breakfast. It had scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, hashbrowns, cheese grits and strawberry pancakes, which were spectacular with fresh strawberries. A server took our drink order. She was very efficient in serving us. We were there on a Saturday morning and we ate early so we had a good selection at breakfast.

The only downside was that our room was noisy. We could hear people out in the hallway late at night after we arrived. Otherwise, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Razorfish,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We started out a road trip with this as our first stop, very nice place, even though it was close to the hwy the room was very quiet, the staff was very nice and helpful, the place is close to a lot to see in the area, we went on over to the National Military Park which is very close, have stayed at other hotels/motels in the Vicksburg area and this was the best we had stayed at, will return if we are in the area, Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear cfd2936
Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our team always makes the guest experience a top priority, and we are glad your experience was memorable! Hopefully the next time you have to stay over in the Vicksburg area you will once again choose our facility!
Miguel Arana
General manager
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, nice clean rooms. Breakfast is free for Priority Club members, but previous review is correct -- they charge for orange juice. I thought that was a little strange, but bacon, sausage links, and REAL eggs made up for it.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Jocelyn M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Vicksburg, we are glad you give us the opportunity to serve you, we know that you have many hotel choices and we appreciated that you choose us. We also like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review, because comments like yours we have made changes to our breakfast standards and now we offer free breakfast including juices to all our guest. We are glad you enjoy your stay, we are looking forward to your visit, please let us assist you by contacting me directly at 601.630.4240 Sincerely,
Miguel Arana, general manager.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night in April, as a 5000 priority club point special. Our room was located on the first floor and very spacious. Bed was comfortable and the whole hotel seemed fairly new. I noticed laundry facilities on the first floor. There was also a pool but didn't check it out. Our stay included breakfast, which there is normally a charge. I would have been disappointed if I paid for the breakfast. We came into the breakfast area late (half hour before closing), but the food, which is served buffet style, was very sparse and cold. Instead of a help yourself drink bar, there are no drinks (not even water) and you have to wait to for a server. The server was slow to come ask what I wanted to drink, ignoring my boyfriend and not even asking him. I asked for orange juice and was told that was an extra charge, even though there were little advertisements around the breakfast area saying try minute maid orange juice. Since it was so late into breakfast I declined the extra charge orange juice and just told the server I wanted water. I was on the last few bites of my breakfast when I finally got my drink of water. I was not impressed with the server, and not sure why they have one. The breakfast would have been a better experience if a person focused on supplying hot food instead of having a "server" hiding the drinks from everyone. I have had way better included continental breakfast at other IHG hotels than this one where there is a charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear monkeysaurusrex,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the new Holiday Inn! All of the compliments are deeply appreciated. We are very proud of the renovations and basically new facility we have here as well as the restaurant, bar and lounge. We have worked out all of the glitches you mentioned in your review, and are running full steam ahead, now offering free breakfast to all our guest. We work diligently at accommodating our valued guest and I am pleased that we met and even exceeded your expectations! Hopefully the next time you have to stay over in the Vicksburg area you will once again choose our facility!
Thank you once again for your feedback as it will only assist us in improving our services for our guest.
Miguel Arana, general manager, Holiday Inn Vicksburg
Claremore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Overall, this hotel is great. The room was comfortable and clean. The only MINOR problems we had were at check in and with the air conditioner. I reserved a double queen, non smoking and we were put in a king smoking. The front desk did fix this, but kept saying I booked it wrong or had use Travelocity which caused the problem. However, I used Holiday Inn's website and there is NO WAY I booked a smoking room. Not a big deal, the front desk did fix it, but the manager kept making me feel like this was my fault. The air conditioner was not a huge issue either, but is was a very LOUD unit. When it was on, the room was like a small wind tunnel and got cold quickly (which is good in the hot and sticky south), but it did wake me up a few times in the night (which is unusual as a girl from Oklahoma who can sleep through some pretty nasty storms).
My last minor complaint is again dealing with the staff. I like to travel and often ask the staff what local places they recommend for restaurants. At this hotel, they really pushed their restaurant. I would much rather have a taste of the local food and see the sights rather than stay in the hotel the whole time. Again, not a big deal, but I do not see this particular hotel as a great representation of the local environment.
Our breakfast was complimentary because I am a priority club member (sign up for this on the Holiday Inn website, you get free stuff and some good deals). However, I would not pay for it at $9 a person as it is just a mediocre buffet (eggs, biscuits, bacon, toast, cereal)

Room Tip: Be sure to call ahead to confirm your room choice.