“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Vicksburg

You added Holiday Inn Vicksburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Vicksburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Cypress Centre Blvd, Vicksburg, MS 39180 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Huntsville, Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. The hotel is fairly new and in a good location. The rooms are clean, beds are very comfy, the bathrooms are free of mold and the breakfast was good.
We will definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: We liked the security of using your key to access the elevator and upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hannah539, Manager at Holiday Inn Vicksburg, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing our property when you have other choices in the market. We appreciate your compliment and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I selected, this Hotel on Hwy 61 because its one of the newer and has good reviews on tripadvisor.
I selected the room and breakfast rate, since the difference was just 5 $ for two guests.
Arrival and check in was very pleasant and friendly with a little welcome bag ( water bottle and chips ) The Hotellobby was modern and in a colorfull designe. Our room on the 3rd floor (333) was nice and very spacious 1 King bed and facing the front of the Hotel towards the Hwy. but the windows are keeping the sound/noise out. The room had a full separate bathroom.
The Hotel also has its own Bar and Restaurant and even a indoor/outdoor pool combination.
Unfortunately the breakfast in the morning was a bit of a disappointment. Tables where not cleaned after the Guest left for a very long time. At the buffet there where no plates, bowls and cutlery. Jus was out of stock and could not be organized and so was milk some time later.
Staff seems to have missed basic training.
I was able to pass on my feelings and discoveries to the Frontdesk staff before check out.
But as far as Hotel and rooms in general, I was very happy.

Room Tip: Odd numbers are to the front ( Hwy. side but not noisy ) Even numbers to the back of the Hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a response for our property. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you had experience during your breakfast. Few staff members have been re-evaluated and re-trained. Thank you and hope to see you in near future.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is an attractive clean property. Conveniently located. Very friendly staff. The room was clean and comfortable. Decent LCD TV. I would come back here again except, the toilets use a pressure flush system that casue whatever's in it to litterally splash up and out when flushed. Sorry for the visual. I just can't deal with that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hannah539, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vicksburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we will definitely try to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ruston, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We arrived for check-in and were greeted with a warm smile and a friendly hello. Our room assignment and keys were already prepared and waiting for us. We were assigned (204) a 2nd floor, non-smoking king just as we had requested. You have to use your room key to access the elevator. I love this security measure and wish all hotels would implement this. Our room overlooked the outdoor section of the pool and you could not hear any traffic noise. I would request this area of the hotel if I ever stay here again. Our room was huge! Well appointed, comfortable king with soft and firm pillows banked by two bedside tables and lamps. There was a nice flat screen TV and a luggage table opposite the bed. There was a work desk and large chair and ottoman that completed the furnishings. There was a good size closet, iron and ironing board along with a digital safe. Now for the bathroom......small, small, small.....Open the door and you find the door is only inches away from the toilet. Adequate size vanity with one sink along the left wall, the toilet in the center of the room and a full size tub with good water pressure, plenty of hot water along the other wall. I would have gladly given up a foot or two of space in the huge living area to increase the size of the bathroom. One odd thing I found about the heating/cooling in the room was the settings. You had the options of Off, Cool, and Heat. The fan/blower options were High, Low and Auto. I thought the Auto setting would cycle the unit on and off according to what degree setting you had selected. This worked as it should but when we were ready for bed,we wanted the fan noise so we changed the setting to High, expecting the fan motor to continuously blow and the compressor to kick on and off, according the the temperature. This did not work so we changed the setting to Low and the same results.....I think Auto is the only setting that is hooked up so if you're accustomed to a ceiling fan as we are and need the white noise in the background, you might want to bring a sound machine or go next door to Big Lots and buy a small fan. We enjoyed the hot breakfast on both mornings of our stay. It had lots to offer; pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, cheese grits one day and oatmeal the other. There was also toast, cold cereals, milk, yogurt, muffins, pastries and fresh fruit and coffee. Service at breakfast was excellent. The young man that took care of us on both mornings was always pleasant and attentative but not bothersome. Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel, the staff and with the cleanliness of the property, inside and out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, Vicksburg. We hope to see you in future.
Thanks
Nederland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Vicksburg Sept 28-30, 2012. I came from Texas and my son from Georgia. My son was very late getting in and they knew to expect him, knew his name and had a key for him so he didn't disturb me coming in. He was impressed. We had a pleasant stay. The elevators are secured with your room card. We had a great breakfast, not the run of the mill cold muffins in a microwave "free" breakfast of most hotels. I joined Priority Club (free) and as a consequence got the free full-sized, hot breakfast. When a reservation is made, just join. Having a restaurant and bar in the hotel and room service is always a nice attraction that some bedroom only hotels no longer have. The wait staff was very conscientious. We began our days fully satisfied. The rooms were nice and the maids kept tabs on our needs. Each time we returned, the room was made-up again. The one thing that really stood out was the level of service from those on the desk. They stood and spoke each time we left or came back, no matter what the hour. They asked if we needed anything each time. This is where they shine. I am a Hilton kind of traveler, but admissions to parks and museums were what I saved staying at the Holiday Inn, very new, and I don't regret it. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a second or third floor room. Curtains in the middle are thin. We were on the third floor a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Our team members appreciate your feedback and feel would like to continue same level of service for the future stay. Again Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, Vicksburg
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having come from a worse than average hotel in Natchez, it was a great relief to come to this hotel. The rooms were well furnished and have a modern decor, although a little bit small. The beds were comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows, Breakfast was in the Cilantro Grille with plenty of choice of hot or cold food. The staff were attentive and everything was very clean. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting, being half inside out of the sun and half outside. There were wicker chairs and tables. We would stay there again..

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the second parking lot, so it could be noisy on the first floor. if teh h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vicksburg, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our team always make the guest experience a top priority, and we are glad your experience was memorable! Hopefully the next time you have to stay over in the Vicksburg area you will once again choose our facility!
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I were on a road trip from North Carolina to Texas and stopped over here for one night. We checked in around 4am and they had rooms. A little bit pricey but the place looked nice and safe.

Check in was quick and the front-desk person was okay. No problems there. We got our stuff into our room pretty quickly. The hotel in general looks good overall. Not sure if it's just new or just newly renovated, but it all looks quite new.

The internet worked at first, but was quite slow in our 3rd floor room. After about 10 minutes it just quit working and would not come back. I think they need another router on the top floor maybe to expand coverage.

If you are a priority club member (the holiday inn rewards points) then you get a free breakfast so be sure to have your number handy when you check in.

Our third floor room had a min-fridge, microwave, desk, sitting chair awith side table, a place to sit our luggage and a flat screen TV with space for your stuff. The king size bed was huge and there were end tables on each side of the bed. This was one of the bigger rooms I had stayed in. Certainly plenty of room.

The bathroom was okay, but toilet seat was broke such that seat would not stay up on its own. The shower water pressure was fine but the temperature was not constant. It started off warm/hot and then would get colder as you went along. I had to keep adjusting the setting the whole time I was taking a shower since it kept getting hot or cold.

On the next morning I was going to call the front-desk to see if we could get a later checkout since we had gotten in so late. When I picked up the phone it was dead. I checked hte cords and everything seemed to be plugged in so I don't know what the issue was. When we checked out at the front-desk I notified them to check the phone.

Checkout was quick and the guy that checked us out was friendly. Overall it was a good stay and I would certainly recommend it as a safe-feeling place and everything looked clean. There were a few minor issues, but not enough to keep me from staying there again if we ever pass through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hannah539, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback and I would like to apologize for the few issues you have encountered during your stay which all has been resolved. Again I thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can resolve for your future stay. We hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Vicksburg? Share your experiences!