“Really Enjoyed My Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Los Angeles, CA
“Really Enjoyed My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Room was very comfortable. Loved having access to the Jacuzzi. Happy Hours were a nice touch. I always enjoy relaxing after a long work day. A hot tub and a cocktail go along way.

Now I am starting to get upset with the feedback system. It won't let me submit if I don't have 200 characters. If you require me to include more text it is going to get ugly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Theresa C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room and relaxing in the hot tub with a cocktail from our bistro. I encourage you upon your return to join us for our manager’s reception Tuesday through Thursday with beer, wine and light snacks to get you going after a long day of work.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice stay. If only the rest of Vicksburg had been as nice. I expected Vicksburg to br similar to Gettysburg but it is not. The hotel was new and very clean. The staff was very helpful and greeted us each time we came in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vicksburg.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Theresa C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Our staff is here for you any time you need us, Vicksburg is full of historical structures attractions, not all of the attractions pertain to civil war either. Check out the Biedenharn Museum where Coca-Cola was first bottled in 1894 during your next trip, Thank you for staying with us.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My granddaughter and I spent one evening. She was very impressed that the pool and hot tub were open from 6 AM til 11 PM. WE had planned an early visit to the battlefield-so she asked me to wake her at 6:30 AM so we could swim. The staff was very helpful and location is easy to find. Close to battle field and museums.

SW Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was night 16 of a 20 day road trip. We had made reservations 30 days in advance, by phone, directly with the motel, asking for a first floor room. On arrival we were assigned room 402 (fourth floor). The room was clean and the building okay. Water pressure was very low and the lights in the bathroom were so dim I could not see to shave. That was a first time experience. Marriott does NOT have a complimentary breakfast. They have an expensive one from a kitchen nook at the back of the lobby. There are no reasons to stay here or at any other Marriotts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Smith
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My 9 year old grandson and I stopped here after a day at the battlefield..... First impression was this hotel is very nice and updated and what I would expect from a Courtyard Marriott......We checked out the pool and it was extremely small so we did not bother going for a swim. Our room was nice however, It had one of those very dated cheap air units that was loud and comes on and off all night. Our room was on the first floor close to the lobby and next to an "employee only" room. At 5 AM there were employees talking outside our room. We were told when we checked in that Breakfast was served right across the lobby. Bad assumption on my part was that it was included in our rate...... I asked the front desk the next morning about Breakfast and I was informed that my rate of $119 did not include breakfast
No none ever offered us the Breakfast rate which was only $10 more...... When I asked the front desk the woman just very sternly said that breakfast was not included in my rate....... The Breakfast rate was $129. I decided at that point we would have a nice Breakfast else where. Oh and did I mention I was unable to sleep past 7am due to all the Breakfast noise in the lobby...... I think we will try Hampton Inn when we pass through next time or better yet a nice B&B that includes a full homemade Breakfast in their rate.

Room Tip: Be sure and stay on something other than the first floor for a quiet room
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

On July 7, 2013, stopped in Vicksburg to get a room at the Courtyard Marriott, I requested
a AARP discount, none available, AAA none available, Govt. Employee none available,
MC none available, American Express, none available. I asked if they even had discounted
rooms for organizations. Yes, but limited. Desk clerk, name starts with the initial R., very
difficult to understand and very rude, has been employed for five years but didn't have
any answers for questions, and if I didn't like it, I could go elsewhere. Exactly where I went,
also a well-known hotel/motel by the name of HI which sits just in front of this establishment,
very courteous, AARP discount was honored with no gouging, and I might say their
breakfasts are included in the room rate and very excellent.

Room Tip: Choose Holiday Inn over a Courtyard Marriott any day.
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were just passing through on our way to Texas. They had some very heavy winds early that morning and it knocked out all the televisions in town. They apologized for the inconvenience and gave us a coupon for $20.00 for breakfast. Room was clean and a very nice size. My granddaughter liked the pool and hot tub, but being an inside pool the room was very humid.
Can't say much for Vicksburg the downtown area was very run down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Vicksburg? Share your experiences!