“Awesome Hawaii Diving” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Scuba Hawaii

Rainbow Scuba Hawaii
1086 Ala Moana blvd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
808-224-7857\
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 291 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Oahu's lowest price leader for quailty scuba diving boat charters & PADI Scuba certification, 7 days a week. Explore Oahu's Ship wrecks and turtle reefs aboard the 40' catamaran. 100% saftey record, Waikiki beach hotel pick up, and Free underwater photos!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lynchburg, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome Hawaii Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I were headed to Honolulu on a business/pleasure trip. I checked TripAdvisor for the top rated dive charters. Of those, I picked Rainbow Scuba based on the ratings and comments and my telephone conversation with one of the staff prior to the trip. They would not let us reserve a spot until we were actually in Hawaii at our hotel. This was a little confusing as many dive operators are only too happy to take your reservation and money as early as possible. When we arrived in Honolulu I called and made our reservation for the day we wanted to dive. We were picked up on time at our hotel. They provided gear based on the height and weight we provided and the gear fit perfectly. All the equipment they provided was in great working order and condition. We boarded the Kahala Kai, a catamaran, for the short ride to the dive site, the YO-257 and San Pedro shipwrecks. The visibility was very good and the wetsuits provided made the temperature comfortable at that depth. We had a great dive and were able to see some turtles and a spotted ray. The wrecks were interesting as these were the first wrecks I had visited that were so much intact. Jeff, our dive master, took lots of great pictures for us. The second dive was at a site called the Kewalo Pipe Reef. Again, the dive was excellent. Jeff took care to point out a lot of things we would have missed had we gone on our own. He found an octopus and we took some pictures with it. We also found a turtle resting beside the pipe and a spotted eel. The dive boat had water and snacks aboard. Jeff explained both dives and great detail prior to the dives. Another thing that was a little bit different was I paid for the dive after the dive. The pictures Jeff took were posted a few days later on their facebook and flickr sites. I had a little trouble accessing them but an email requesting help was answered very quickly and I was able to download the pictures. I rate the whole experience as excellent and would use them again.

Long Beach, California
“Best dive company in Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first dive outside California. Warm water, good wreck dive... Awesome visibility. Jeff Chun was a very good instructor...

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Incredible time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ken and Jeff were great! They provided great service and instruction. We saw amazing sea life, they provided all the equipment we needed and took action shots of our dives.

Rochester, New York, United States
“Great experience for first time Scuba Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was a bit nervous about scuba diving after never diving before. I had never been snorkeling before the week started, so I was jumping into a completely new experience. Me and my wife were 8 days into our marriage and excited to celebrate our honeymoon in Hawaii. This was the highlight of our trip. Aaron gave us a ride from our hotel to the beach and his dad filled us in on the details. We were a bit more nervous as we got closer to the water and were given instructions but after boarding the boat, putting on our gear, and being given instructions again by Jeff, we were ready to roll.

Jumping into the water for the first time and trying to breath under water took some getting used to, but just a few minutes after we were under I settled down and we had a great time 40 under the water seeing turtles, octopus, small sharks, eel, and lots of different fish. We even ran across some dolphins between our first and second dive.

Jeff was great to work with and after our trip was over we considered going back to dive again the next day. If we were going to be in Hawaii longer than 2 more days we probably would have been back.

Great experience. Everyone should try it. Rainbow Scuba was great!

San Jose, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just overall an amazing first scuba diving experience. Jeff was very friendly and calmed me down during my initial mini panic attack in the water. I'm glad he was able to, or I would've missed some unforgettable sites. Literally unforgettable. With all the photos Jeff took, I can't forget them if I tried. Not that I'd want to.
The view was so breathtaking I almost broke rule number 1. It was simply stunning. Shells, coral, octopi, eels, turtles, fish, fish feeding off the shells of turtles... I don't think I've ever felt so in touch with the ocean. I even got kissed by a fish. Or bitten. Whatever you want to call it.
Dive aside, the instructions were clear. The little trick to clear water from your mask came in really handy. The boat ride wasn't that long and they even provided little snacks and water.
In Hawaii, I went hiking, surfing, ziplining, snorkeling, etc. But this, scuba diving with Rainbow Scuba, far surpassed all of those activities.That's how great it is.

Visited June 2013