“Great tour even if not a Lost fan!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 281 activities in Honolulu
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a Hummer tour company that takes guest to Lost, Movie and other TV show locations on the island of Oahu.
La Habra, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour even if not a Lost fan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I took the two hour Lost tour in December 2012. We figured we would take the shorter tour because to be honest, I have never seen a Lost episode! But I saw that the tour got so many good reviews and we wanted to do something more on our trip than just hang out at the beach and do the typical shopping, so why not spend a couple hours in a beautiful scenic area being driven around a HUGE Kualoa Ranch in a Hummer? We saw where they filmed many more movies than Lost, some which included Hawaii Five-O, the Windtalkers, Brady Bunch, Journey 2-the Mysterious Island, Jurassic Park, and some others I cant remember anymore! The tour guide (I think his name was Jeff) was great, he showed us clips from some movie scenes from a portable DVD player in the hummer, and then would let us get out of the car and "experience" the part right where it happened. He also offered to take pictures of us and held up some props to make the pictures look like the movie scenes! It was pretty funny.. Anyway, I would definitely take the tour even if you are not a fan. (I couldnt imagine if I WAS a "Lost" fan, I would've probably had a heart attack from enjoyment!) The views in and of itself were amazing. There is also a little gift shop unrelated to the tour on the property where they serve food and sell souvenirs at very reasonable prices. This was our first time to Oahu Island (we usually go to the Big Island or Maui), but if we ever come back here, this is a tour I would definitely do again!

HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am glad you had a great time on Oahu and on your tour with Jeff and Ed. Don't need to be a Lost fan as you stated. Tons of movies and other TV show filmed all around the island of Oahu, but our two hour tours packs a punch. I want to thank you and your husband for seeking out an adventure with KOS Tours and a Big Mahalo for taking the time to write a detailed review. Hope to see you back on Oahu in the near future. Aloha, Ed

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairfield, CT
“Awesome "Lost" Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Best tour ever! Riccardo gave us the 8-hour tour of Oahu in a Hummer. We saw various "Lost" locations (plus one from "The Descendants" and "Last Resort") including beaches, bars, cliffs, dock, valleys, gas station, airstrip, shrimp truck, Hurley's golf course, Jug Head tower, Nigeria, Australia, South Korea, Dominican Republic, Dharmaville. Riccardo was fun and knowledgeable without being obnoxious. He took pictures of us with various props (polar bear, VW van, smoke monster, Hurley) that came out great. Even my son, who did not watch the series, enjoyed the trip. Off road on the ranch was a blast!

HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Glad Riccardo was not obnoxious and showed you a good time. Riccardo loves what he does and wants to make a memorable experience for everyone, and he seems to have done that with your family. The valley at Kualoa and the North Shore of Oahu is beautiful. You don't get bored of it. Thank you for your review and business. Hope to see you back in the islands soon. Ed.
Fort Riley, Kansas, United States
“The 5 hour tour was excellent! The driver was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The tour driver picked us up at the hale koa hotel with one other couple and we hit all the major movie sights on the island, most on private land that are not really excessable without special permission. Totally worth it! The driver was great, the kind of tour guide that you can have a conversation with. This was very private and based on what the people want to see. Great Military discount.

Visited January 2013
HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a review. Glad you had an excellent time and that Jeff showed you a good time. Aloha and Mahalo, Ed
Washington, DC
9 attraction reviews
“Fun for LOST geeks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am one of the true Lost geeks out there, so I appreciated being able to see where the films are. My fiancé and I signed up for the 2 hour tour in the Hummer. It was not just Lost, but Lost was the heaviest featured show. They also show spots where various other movies were filmed (Pearl Harbor, Jurassic Park). It really depends which tour package you chose. Some of the original settings are fully or partially in place, so you can see Alpert's cabin and Jughead. To help, as you drive through the ranch, the driver will show you DVD scenes or pictures of the associated scenes. Then you can get out, take pictures, etc. You stop at least 10-15 times in 2 hours. The valley is beautiful, and you can see why they film there.

I would not recommend it for people that are fragile or not mobile. The hummer goes through some rough muddy terrain, so you get jostled a bit.

Visited October 2012
HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Wow, a very informative review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. You are right, there is some bouncing around and a lot of getting in an out. That is the best way to see the locations. Let the hummer to all the work and you just step out to get your photos. I am glad you had a great time on your tour and mahalo for your business.
Hillsboro, Oregon
42 attraction reviews
“Far Better Than Expected and I am no Lost Fan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went on this for my husband who is a die hard fan- I have never watched 1 episode, on the particular day it was just us and our guide Jeff. I told him I really liked 5-0 and he worked a lot of that into the tour. Regardless it was really fun, a true highlight for us. He made it a really good day and the views were great even though we had a cloudy rainy day. Would say it is a must do for sure!!

HUMMERHAWAII, Owner at KOS Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hey non-lost fan. Glad you had a great time on the tour with Jeff. Hawaii Five O continues to film, so we add locations as each season progresses. The tour started before lost came out in 2004. There was a ton of movies filmed along our tour route and Lost and 5-0 filmed in the same locations. We try and tailor the tour to the people on the tour....so you got lucky with a private tour tailored for you two. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your business.