I stayed there for the second time with my husband from December 12-December 15 because we had an excellent experience the first time around. The first night was just horrible. When we first check in, our room was just dirty! There was hair everywhere! In the tub, on the bedsheets, on the sofabed, on the bathroom floor! There was a lot of dirt on the kitchen floor & to make it worse, the frame of the bed was really dusty like it hasnt been cleaned months! For one who has asthma like myself, this is unacceptable. Another issue that came up was that our TV was not working! The maid/maintenance person sent to our room could not even figure out how to fix it! She had to call a co-worker who was not working that night who lived right next to the building to come take a look at it. They put us on the 15th floor which was having renovations done with the moldings. The sight was not pretty. We asked to be moved but they said they had nothing available until the next day but it only had a shower & no tub! What a waste of a night! The next day, they moved us up to the 38th floor. It was ok but it was an ADA room so there was no closet & no separation between the toilet, & shower. They also had us check out of our current room & wait in the lobby for a couple of hours to switch our room...another wasted day. The next day after coming from a long day out, we come to a messy room because the maid never came to clean & do our bed. We had to call front desk to have them come clean. At checkout, there was no one at the front desk. We had to ring the bell several times until a lady came out. She was not friendly at all. We were just glad to check out. We did complain to the hotel manager Brian, but he did not even offer anything to us for our inconveniences. We will never come back to Aqua Skyline at Island Colony!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu