On the way to our room out of the elevator, we immediately smelled the aroma of rotting garbage. Our one bedroom room on the 26th floor was two doors away from the trash chute. If we did not keep our window open, the garbage smell would permeate the entire toom. The floors were not cleaned very well. There were hairs (not ours) in the entry tiled area as well as the edge of the carpets as soon as we got into the room. I'm not sure how good housekeeping is as those hairs were never cleaned and our bathroom mirror was never wiped down (same water spots everyday) during our entire stay. On one occasion the maid swept the tiled area with a broom and left whatever was collected right outside our door. The hotel must have a very good photograher since the pictures posted on their site are nicer than the actual room. Our room had one window air conditioner in the bedroom. There was a rubber hose connected to the A/C with it draining into a plastic bucket on the balcony. The view was very nice and the location was good however we will not be returning to this hotel because of the cleanliness issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu