We are kama'aina who needed a place to stay while our house was being termite-extermination tented. We opted to stay at the Aqua Skytower as its location on the Ala Wai provides convenient routes to out-of-area restaurants without being stuck in traffic. Brian Kovaloff handled our reservation requests professionally and promptly. We were greeted cordially and warmly by Leilani, who despite being the only person at the front desk, managed to juggle phone calls, check-ins and guest requests with an unflappable and calm friendliness. Our door keys failed to work after three attempts and on the last, Leilani accompanied us upstairs to help. My husband dislikes the Waikiki area to the point of winding himself into an angry frenzy anytime he he
is in the area, so we drove out of Waikiki to have dinner. When we returned, Leilani informed us that the lock, rather than the keys, was broken and that we would be moved to another room. The first room was very comfortable, but the second room was a better upgrade. My husband, a geographer, even relaxed and was able to observe and point out the Kaimuki Dome and its place in the volcanic rift zone from Leahi to the Kaneohe Marine Corps area from the lanai of our new room. He thus lightened up a bit and was able to gain something from our stay. The only drawback for me was the lack of central air-conditioning in the second (one bedroom) room, which kept the bedroom cool, but left the living and dining area warm. Both Brain and Leilani were super! Accommodations in the hospitality industry have everything to do with how one is treated and I loved the cheery and efficient customer service provided us by these two outstanding professionals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu