We booked this hotel at the last minute = we were originally going to stay at the Waikiki Marriott Resort, but as we got closer to our arrival date, the reviews on Tripadvisor about the Marriott were so bad, we cancelled, and due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor, we booked the Lotus.
What a wonderful surprise! The lobby is lovely. There is always fresh fruit and fresh water. The complementary wine in the afternoon is an added plus, as is the free coffee in the morning. If you don't want to buy breakfast from the restaurant on the 2nd floor, there is a convenience store next door. But make sure to eat dinner at the restaurant - great food and friendly servers. We went up for dessert one night, and two nights later, when we went back for dinner, Lisa remembered us!
The front desk welcome was so warm and helpful - TJ and Travis really went out of their way to give us information, and to help us book our tour of the Arizona.
The room was beautiful!! From our balcony, we had great views of Diamondhead and the ocean, admittedly with a parking lot in front, but the other 2 views made up for it!
The beach was just a short walk, and thanks to Travis, we went equipped with beach chairs and towels. Small, but quiet beach - just what we were looking for.
Admittedly, central Waikiki was a bit of a hike, but considering the craziness ( sort of like Times Square), we loved the location. We had been told not to get a car for Honolulu, and the advice was right on! Traffic is horrendous and there is no place to park. One day we walked down, but since I had a bad leg, we cabbed it down. One day we were actually able to take a bus back to the hotel, but that didn't happen again - they stopped running at 4:30 in the afternoon!? I made the suggestion that the hotel could offer a shuttle service just to central Waikiki a few times a day.
I don't know if I would visit Honolulu again, but I do know that I would definitely stay at another Lotus property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Prestigia, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii