This was my first trip to Hawaii and I did a lot of research on TripAdvisor prior to going.
This hotel was FABULOUS, exactly what I wanted... but it's important to know what you want: I was looking for a smaller, quieter, boutique-style hotel where I could get a great room with fantastic views and high quality service at a reasonable price. I wanted to be right on the ocean (not across the street from it), away from the crowded bustle of Waikiki (yet within easy walking distance of it). This hotel was all that and more: view of the ocean and Diamond Head, Triple A staff, right across from Kapiolani Regional Park (lots of fitness activities going on there), within in walking distance of zoo, aquarium and plenty of bus stops (bus system is pretty easy to navigate and inexpensive, but no problem getting a cab any time if you prefer - I did both).
The hotel offers complimentary WIFI and wine between 3-5 PM, there is now a restaurant open on the premises (dinner only). There is complimentary coffee/tea service in the morning on the 2nd floor where you can also purchase. simple continental style breakfast items. My room (8th floor corner) had 2 balconies, complimentary water, refrigerator and a Starbucks Verissimo coffee maker that produced first rate lattes! Room service was twice/day. The decor was lovely,the room/bathroom was large,and the beds were extremely comfortable.
There is an ATM in the hotel's spacious, serene and tastefully decorated lobby, a nearby convenience store and the award-winning Michel's Restaurant (French Haute Cuisine with an amazing view... you will not regret ordering Cherries Jubilee).
I would re-book or recommend this hotel in a heartbeat, unless you ABSOLUTELY want a large, noisy, cookie-cutter, crowded hotel within the high end shopping district where you have to cross a heavily trafficked street in order to be at an over-populated beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii